Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cooling problem XP1700+

I put my new rig together today. Specs below:D
    After fiddling for 3 hours!!!! I finally got it working.
    But now I am struglling with the temperatures.
    both the CPU and GF3 are above 60 Celsius. I know Asus software likes to give high temperatures, but this is to much.
    Maybe I should buy a new cooler?

Also, in Asus smartdoctor, I keep getting the error that the 3.3V is to low. Around 3.0. Is this a problem with the mobo, or is it more likely to be a problem with the PS?
    My current PS is a Codegen 350x. Yes I know you probably haven't heard of it, but after the GeForce I didn't have much left for the case. Any suggestions on coolers and PS's are very welcome.

BTW I also discovered that my CPU is multiplier unlocked. Is this standard or am I a lucky *******:confused:
    "Make FPS, not war"

It is possible that airflow is a problem. I just changed out motherboards as well and am getting considerably higher temperatures than before. The reason is that the placement of the socket on the motherboard no longer leaves the processor in the main airflow pattern of the case. Looking like I'll have to do some case modding now to get things like they should be. Oh well. :(

Oh... and from what I've been hearing...
    Yes, you ARE a lucky *******. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Not only look at the case airflow but seriously consider replacing the Coolermaster EP5-6I11 as these are really not good enough for Athlons. :(

Have a look for any of these:-
    Arkua -6228
    Dynatron CD1206BM-0
    Vantec CCK-6035D (OCZ Gladiator)
    OCZ Dominator 2

Or if money is not a real concern:-
    Alpha PAL8045
    Akasa Silver Mountain
    Swiftech MCX462
    Thermalright SK-6

Theree not listed in any particular order but all will cool that Athlon much better. ;)
    <center></center>

Thanx guys, I knew I could rely on the expertise of people on other continents. That's what I call global integration.
    "Make FPS, not war"

Their steer'n ya strait.....GL, oh are we using AS?
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Thread Information