Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Nitrogen Cooling system... yes I have way too much ti

Ok I got really bored, anyone seen anything similar to what I have drawn?

Liquid nitrogen is only for short term use I think. Also the mold that you got won't be so good since there will be alot of condensation.

Im not sure how successful you would be using a plastic mold. I would suggest using the same base as a water cooled system, something copper is always good.

Yeah, using that mold, your CPU will look like the inside of a freezer very quickly and short circuit.

I think you better check into the properties of liquid nitrogen or any other substance you think of working with before you go through all the trouble to build a system around IT.

I think 99% of the companies out there in the cooling business have guys with Doctorate degrees working on cooling solutions for computer. Not to mention NASA as well as other government orgs. I know cause I was in the military and there are billions of computers used by them. They also have huge cooling facilities to keep the computer rooms cool, so the CPU's and associated components are cool.

Sooooo, if something was to come, it would be from them on down. Like it normally happens.

How did the internet evolve? Via the military......

Chez

Just a very random, half-baked idea I came up with... wasn't planning on actually making it, but if it did work that would be cool :P

If the mold were copper it would have to fit the CPU perfectly... like the core thingie and all the other little boxes, so plastic would just kind of wrap around them.

They tried to do a similar liquid nitrogen cooling system on Tech TV (so I've heard), but they were unsuccessful.

And yeah, it wouldn't last too long lol

:cheers:

Creativity is always a good thing....

Unless it breaks your computer...

having a mini waterfall on top of you CPU is slightly worrying. If noone took the plunge and actually thought 'right I'm going to try this' then nothing will ever happen. Maybe you could make it work then make billions by selling it to the military and Nasa. :laugh:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information