Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSI GF4 Ti4600 : Expensive Baking Plate?

Yes it's not ya system that's the prob but the room temps that ya have it workin' in. When I was in Sydney last summer once the room temp hit 42C it was time to turn them off and we had a few weeks of gettin' to the mid-40C's (46C twice and no aircon). Ya PC temps will go up and down along with ya room temps which is why I've asked for ppl to state their room temps, ya PC starts at room temp and then gets hotter which it what ya'll just have to put up with (unless ya get ya self some aircon). :devil:

Hiya Wiggo,

Yeah, thank god it started to cool down a little. And with the new Superflower case I bought yesterday (and put the computer back together today) I had a gain of a few less C too! Bios reads 50c idle, 43c mobo. Under load it's about 4C more. That's acceptable.

That case is awesome! In relation to the amount of fans it's pretty quiet, offers excellent airflow, and the quality of the craftmanship is great. Another big pro is that my harddisks (I got two Maxtor 7DX40 40gb in RAID 0, which ran very hot because they were cramped together, lack of space in the old case) stay cool too now. The HDD bay fits 5 drives on their sides. So I stashed them in slot 2 and 4, and they sit in front of the intake fans. they don't obstruct airflow too much, and they get cooled nicely. It's a bit off-topic, but I'd recommend anyone a case like the TT 301.

As for my GeForce 4 card... I'm done with its stock cooling solution. I'm going to do the same trick as my old GF1 card. Since I have two free PCI slots undeath anyways, I'm gonna slap an older AMD XP HSF unit on it. Going to drill two holes, tap them so I can mount it to the card using the existing holes with screws. Some AS3 in between and it's ready to go cool :D Once I've modded that card, I'll let you know by how much I could increase the core speed. Currently only 4Mhz.

-Magic

ok well 40c is 104, i looked at the 23c on my collance and it said 75.5F so i just doubled...T(F) = 1.8 * T(C) + 32 <--conversion formula but still thats flippin' HOT! on another post i took some SS's of ut2k3 and ov'd my ti4200 from 250/500 to 289/671 and the temp readout was over 225F!!!(107c) i got a burn on my finger from holding the probe down to the back of the chipset... i know proc's should be above 55-60c range what about GPU's? i already roasted one vid card, dont wanted a 2ed.

btw:alanmuvo
    the athlon XP 1900+ i believe was the palmino core, one of the last of the .18u's if i remembor correctly, and is one of the hottest, worts oc' procs u can have. was it running at 82c oc'd or regular?

ye utr right it is the palmino core, and it was running @ that temp regular!! , i know a few people who hav had the same problem using the retail heat sink as on 2000xp the heat sink is biger.
    correct me if im wrong but i thing 1 the proccesor is c**p and that the 1900 is the highest clocked on the smaller heat sink. {if that makes sence}
    As to cooling any 1 who buys cheap coolmaster fans upgrade them NOW i had 1 screw up on me, even when brand new it couldnt hold the temp.

:flames:

Im considerin an upgrade 2 a 2800xp but i reckon will wait tilll the athon 64 becomes availble. {any views on this}

Alan

I really should dig out that 20L (5gal) bucket of Athlon and P4 retail HSF's outa the shed and take a pic to show just how many systems that I've used Volcano 7+'s for instead (aussie summers are a very good test).

all i here about is this volcano 7+ is it relly "that good" ?? it certinly dont look that impresive, but looks aint everything
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

I personally think its fine, but i have the xaser edition, my other rig has a tt 7+ but it broke some how :(. Well all i know is that it works fine and i love it :p. I know Wiggo LOVES IT ALOT. But there are other HSF that are good or better.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

The V7+ isn't the best hsf out there in terms of cooling, but it does a very solid job at a good price and produces relatively little noise, which is what makes it so popular around here :thumb:

Beware, the stock fan placements usually have totally restrictive grilles. Sometimes they can reduce the cfm of a fan by 60%+. I have made a practice of cutting out all existing fan holes while the case is new. I would even cut the grille on that pci slot cooler. Just make sure you remove ALL electronics from the object. And completely vacuum the case for like 5 minutes after, then wipe with a damp cloth. One spec of metal could possably ruin something.
    This will make the airflow much better for anyone.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w