Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple questions about case cooling.

Flaco,

I have 2 cases from NEWEGG. I bought a case for my sister too.
    I coulnd't beat the price. A black case with a window, two fans under the window, blowing right on the pci slots and everything.

Plus I think it came with a 300w power supply. Which is well enough for what we are using it for. She uses it to surf. I use it for a 6th computer. I eves gave her some other stuff to go along with it. Including a digital camera to take pictures or her little tykes. I also tought her how to upload them.

YOU GOTTA TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY, ITS THE ONLY ONE YOU HAVE.
    My Mom died right before Christmas. So next time you see your Mom tell her how much you love her, miss her, and how much she has meant to you in your life.
    She was 40, she had the whole life ahead of her. I never got to tell her all those things. She died in a fire, it was an accident in the kitchen.
    My Uncle couldn't handle it, he was an alcoholic which I am sure played a part. He took this life. He put on a bunch of clothes and lit himslef on fire. They both were very short (4"1') and had a harda time with it. He started drinking alot after my mothers passing and one night I guess he had too much to drink, wrote notes for everything and made a makeshift will. Then put a lot of clotheeeees on and lit himself on fire.
    This was the 3rd death for my Grandparents. Their first son was murdered a ]t thier house in the 70's. So life has been tough for all of us lately.
    Make sure you tell all of you loved ones how much you love them.

I know this is off topic, although I felt it was appropriate

Chez

MOM - I love you so much. I know you are waatching over me..............

Chez,

Many thanks for the premium info and advice you gave. You were talking about the Superflower/Kingwin TT201 case. Well, if you look in a previous post of mine, where I linked to a review on Tom's Hardware, you will see that that case was a TTGI - TT-301. That is the kind of case I would like most of all. Unfortunately the only link that's provided is to TTGI directly, and they don't provide any reseller info :(

When you look at the sample and review, you'll see why I'm highly interested in that case.

So for now, I can conclue that Kingwin resells most of the TTGI cases. It's right, the TT-201 is the one with 3 windows. I would be highly pleased if I could get the displayed TT-301 with 3 windows instead of closed panels.

As for showing off / interior decoration goes.. I think in my case it's a bit early to begin with. I can always do that later after I've gathered needed components, like a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro mobo with an 2800+ Barton, which I've ordered now. If I was so lucky to win the equivalent of PowerBall here in Holland, then yeah, I would order everything at once, with the coolest gimmicks. For now.. that's still dreaming for me :cool: Have to take one step at a time ;)

If only I could get my hands on such a TT201 / 301 case. I've looked at the website you provided (Performance PC) and noted they currently sell only two Kingwin cases, neither of them based on this 201/301 case.

I need something like a (international) online advanced computerparts store yellow pages. Newegg did offer a Kingwin case, but like I said, I can't order there

The only other option I considered, after thinking for a while is this case from ThermalTake. It will cost a buck, but it offers space, as well as 7 fans, and some interesting gimmicks. The only con is its kinda rude design of the front panel. But that's something personal.

My main consideration is a TT-301 (with windows). But if I can't get my hands on it... then I guess I'll have to ignore my opinion on the aestatic design of the Thermaltake case, and go with it simply because of the functional pros, which are, aluminium, 7 case fans, good amount of room, window.

Again, thanks for writing your book ;)

-Magic

EDIT: Oh my wOOtness. I went to the site where you got your case from and they sell all the different TT models, including the 201, and their newer cases. If only they ship internationally, I'll be set! I'm much like you. I pick the parts that I like best, and usually don't go with the flow. Looks like my dreamcase is only a few mouseclicks away! :cheers:

Well Buddy,

I don't do homework for others when it comes to finding a place that sells overseas.

Although I will give you a place that has numerous TT 301's, 201's and 201's professionally painted by casearts. AND they area ALL on sale, those fu$$$. Case arts even has 480w power supplies to match.

www.directron.com has them all. I am not sure about international shipping though. If you know someone in the states that can help you out, that would be a good deal.

Here is a little backround on Kingwin, since I called them to get the scoop when I was trying to get hooked up with the gold accented case.
    They discontinued the gold, and started making the black with silver accents. Since then they discontinued the 201 all together. They replaced it with the 301. It has one window with some other improvements which I didn't read about cause I didn't care.
    Directron has all 3 cases still. Including the ones from cases arts professional paint jobs. Case arts even painted some poewr supples to go with the mthat looked pretty sweet if you are into the colors. They are also selling [B]FOR A VERY BIG DISCOUNT SINCE THEY ARE NOW DISCONTINUED.

Sorry to hear that you can't find a place that will ship internation ally.

My ONLY suggestion would be to email Milwaukee OC and address it to Joe and see if they would ship it internationally. Also using the idea that they are discontinued and that might help them want to get rid of the cases and go through whatever extra steps it would take to ship international.
    I have the # to the warehouse manager and his name. He knows me all too well. I could give you his email address and phone @. You could also use my name. I don't know if it would help, although I did treat them with the tmost respect to get the best survice possible. In fact they even paid shipping back and forth. He even gave me thier UPS corporate charging #!Its worth a shot if you want one of those cases.
    \They also have the newest Kingwin cases from what I am told they are a lot nicer inside, yet only have one window that is of blue tint.

:cheers:
    Chez

Well Chez,

Today I'm a happy camper :thumb: The search term "case 301" eventually got me where I needed to be. I ended up with a Dutch online store, which was the only one to offer a whole slew of Superflower cases, including your black 201 with golden fan grills ;) And, they had what I wanted. The silver blue 301, but WITH 3 side windows! Yay! I couldn't be happier. Comparted to U.S. prices, the thing was rather expensive, about 30% more. But, if I were to order with a U.S. company I also found it at, the shipping costs were utterly ridiculous, about 1.4 times the cost of the case itself! ($109 for case, $138 for shipping) So in the end, I got me a nice local bargain here ;) Ordered it today, will get it tomorrow : party ha So next would be a nice blueish CC tube to beef up the interior. Yeah, I'm looking forwar to building this 'new' computer.

Thanks for all the advice and help. It made my quest for a good case much easier!

-Magic

Well, Chez sorry to hear that man...:(
    - Damien

Sorry for what Flaco. the double post? I took care of it.

Magicbox - The difference between yours and mine is not the gold grills. It is the gold usb/firewire/ect. cover on the front. The gold thumbless screws on the front. And the gold reset, and power buttons.
    They discontinued that style and switched to using all silver on the front. No big deal, it is the same exact case. Although I REALLY wanted the gold since it sets the case off a little more in my opinion. It makes it look a little more expensive and professional. With my setup it just wouldn't fit right with the silver. I tried when the sent the silver cards.

I hope you like the case. It is one of the best cases I have ever had the chance to use. Everybody has different tastes though.
    I like a classy looking one, and this one fits the bill.

Chez:cheers:

I know this is going sligthly off topic but Chezman your new rig sounds amazing I want Photos dammit! :thumb: :thumb:

I will try to get some when I get it finished. It also depends on this whole divorce issue.
    Hopefully I can stave it off for a while.

Chez

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information