Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermaltake Volcano 7+ vs Zalman CNPS3100P

hi,

i'm wondering whether Thermaltake Volcano 7+ perform better than Zalman CNPS3100P at their lowest setting?

thx,
    hansz

Thermaltake Volcano 7+ rocks. :thumb:

another thing, was zalman 6000cu numbers taken using normal mode or silent mode coz i couldn't find anything about it?
    need to know it before tomorrow so i can decide whether to buy or not.

thx
    hansz

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Thermaltake Volcano 7+ rocks. :thumb:

sorry, forgot to include the this:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=188&dPage=3

rgds,
    hansz

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    another thing, was zalman 6000cu numbers taken using normal mode or silent mode coz i couldn't find anything about it?
    need to know it before tomorrow so i can decide whether to buy or not.

thx
    hansz

The Zalman cooler referenced in the review of the Volcano 7+ was running at full speed. Fan speed was maxed out... just like it was for the 7+ when I tested.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    The Zalman cooler referenced in the review of the Volcano 7+ was running at full speed. Fan speed was maxed out... just like it was for the 7+ when I tested.
    then i suppose volcano7+ will give a better performance then my 3100p. is it easy to uninstall it just in case i want to change it back?

Yes, I would guess that the Volcano unit would perform a good bit better than your current Zalman. I can't say for sure because I didn't test the 3100 series cooler from them, but I DID test their top of the line 6000Cu cooler, and the Volcano ate it for lunch.

As to the clip being difficult, here is a quote from the page before the one you referenced:
    In the past, Thermaltake has had a few coolers with clips that are very hard to put on (and therefore dangerous to the core), but that seems to be ancient history. This clip slid easily onto the back lug, and with a small screwdriver, it was easily attached to the front lug of the socket. Pressure was not too heavy, and there should be no concerns about damaging the processor. Once attached, the clip held the heatsink firmly in place without any movement.
    My Toys

So go for the volcano hehe
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

right now i already leaning toward this.
    need more answer for few more questions:
    1. it is easy to install as per page, but is it easy to uninstall?
    2. noice level at silent mode, is at same level as 6000cu?

thx,
    hansz

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Yes, I would guess that the Volcano unit would perform a good bit better than your current Zalman. I can't say for sure because I didn't test the 3100 series cooler from them, but I DID test their top of the line 6000Cu cooler, and the Volcano ate it for lunch.

As to the clip being difficult, here is a quote from the page before the one you referenced:

1- Being easy to install was indicative of being easily to uninstall as well.

2- Since I do not have proper equipment to measure the true output levels of sound coming from the fans that I test, I cannot say for certain what the noise level is at low speed of the Zalman unit. There manual nor their website gave any indications of decidel levels when at low speed. What I can say, though, is that neither the Zalman nor the Thermaltake units could be heard over my case fans when they were at low noise settings (low fan speed).
    My Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information