Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video card cooling

As more and more graphics card manufacturers employ new ways to cool their latest products, I thought it would be an idea to dedicate a thread to these non standard cooling solutions and make people aware of the alternatives out there.

Kicking it off is MSI's new GeForce FX 5600 card.

maybe it's just me, but that thing looks like it would need a fan to cool properly :shrug:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Next up is Gainward's GeForce FX 5900 "Special" which is fitted with a Zalman ZM80C-HP.

My current favourite is Abit's OTES solution, simply because it collects the warm air surrounding the GPU/Memory and blows it out the back of the case. It is not reliant upon additional case fans (should they be present) to complete this task, where as the previous designs are.

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    Next up is Gainward's GeForce FX 5900 "Special" which is fitted with a Zalman ZM80C-HP.
    it jst looks like sum ones case fan has fell of an landed on top

Okay, MY FX5600 has the stock MSI cooler and it is silent, so to be honest, I see no point in making these huge coolers that make your video card take up more space than it should.

Sorry about the rant, just my :2cents:

Thuogh I do like the OTES cooling one.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Okay, MY FX5600 has the stock MSI cooler and it is silent, so to be honest, I see no point in making these huge coolers that make your video card take up more space than it should.

Sorry about the rant, just my :2cents:

Thuogh I do like the OTES cooling one.
    Some people like to push their cards to the limits when they overclock...so the want something that keep it cool...but the second one is an overkill...
    - Damien

This is Gainward's (NV35) CoolFX watercooling kit, it should be available later this year.

My Radeon 9800 PRO is arriving this week sometime. Just wondering if the stock cooler is better then the ZALMAN ZM80C-HP. It's a ATi Radeon 9800 PRO OEM.
    If I had the ZALMAN ZM80C-HP on the radeon would I need the fan since I already have a 80mm fan on the window directly above the AGP slot?

:confused:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information