Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling

Ok then try this, remove the side panel and grab a desk fan and point it into the case, if ya temps drop then ya case's airflow is what ya need to improve. By rights if ya case is breathin' well ya system temp should be within a few degrees of the room temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Ok then try this, remove the side panel and grab a desk fan and point it into the case, if ya temps drop then ya case's airflow is what ya need to improve. By rights if ya case is breathin' well ya system temp should be within a few degrees of the room temp.
    Duh, that's a simple test, should've figured that one out, thanks for the suggestion :D . Although I don't have a desk fan, I tried just opening the side panel and watching the hardware monitor - and what do you know? The temps started dropping really rapidly, well obviously the case temp did, but so did the CPU temp too. I didn't have the patience to see how much would it have dropped eventually, but after losing 8 degrees from the CPU temp I didn't need any more proof. Case fans it is, two 120mm fans, not too loud though. Any recommendations? Here's what I've been looking at:

120x120x25 PAPST 4412 FGL, 1600RPM, 55Cfm, 26dB

Is it any good? It's kind of costly, though (25) as I need two of them. And how loud exactly is 26dB, is loud enough to bother?

CtrlAltDel

Ya'd be hard pressed to hear that fan and most 120mm fans up to 85cfm are reasonably quiet but once above 100cfm they can get annoyin' for some.

Get adjustable speed 120mm fans. Even a fan that you think will be quiet (30 dB) is still quite loud. Then you can turn them down a bit if you have to.
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information