Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going water soon [WARNING: PICS]

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu
    That will just create bubles.
    Thats why you bleed the system

Are you going for an inline system, or with reservoir?
    Inline

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Thats why you bleed the system
    Yes, but if you use a reservoir and your flow is too high it can create new bubbles after the bleed. Unless you can fill the reservoir completely airfree. But that is not important.
    Good luck with building
    "Make FPS, not war"

Yes, but if you use a reservoir and your flow is too high it can create new bubbles after the bleed.
    Ahh ok.. thats where i went wrong :)

Good luck with building
    Thanks, hopefully, i won't need luck :o

4. Default

sounds awesome, i am also switching from my ThermalRight SK-7 (with ThermalTake Smart Case Fan 2) to water but since i only know the basic hardware needed to construct it im just buying a kit. I'm going with the DangerDen Maze4 Power Kit for $200 (yes i've heard something buggy about the maze4 but thats what it comes with and i cant change it). This will be for my ABiT IC7-MAX3 and P4 2.4C.

pretty much this is what it comes with:

MAZE4 Block w/ 4 Hole Mounting Kit
    1/2" Chrome Fittings - Lucite Top
    Black Ice Xtreme (Black) Radiator
    Hydor L30 320 G/H
    Sunon 120mm Fan
    Water Wetter 4oz Bottle
    Arctic Silver Thermal Compound 3
    7 ft of 1/2" ID Clear Flex Tubing
    1 Reservoir Fittings Taped
    10 Hose Clamps
    One 1/2" T Fitting
    One 1/2" Y Fitting

i'll be getting the bay reservoir aswell.

its the bottom one on this link: http://dangerden.com/mall/Kits/kits_retail.asp
    GBRRICCI

My waterblock and radiator arrives a few hours ago :D
    I've got some happy snaps, but first, just a note, the waterblock and radiator are second hand, so they don't look brand spankas, but thats fine with me :)
    LRWW is a great block. But I hope that you know he released his Cascade and Cascade Silver SS. The copper Cascade outpreforms the LRWW by 1C. I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. may I ask where you found that? Its hard to find...assuming its made by Cathar not DTEK (which I bet my chips it was.) Have you considered a T-line, its slightly harder to fill, but its better for bleeding. Also, it doesn't impede on flow as much and its smaller.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Quote Originally Posted by t00lb0x
    LRWW is a great block. But I hope that you know he released his Cascade and Cascade Silver SS.
    yeah, I know he's released his Cascade and soon to be released Cascade SS.

The copper Cascade outpreforms the LRWW by 1C. I don't think it'll make that much of a difference.
    For the price/performance ratio, a second hand LRWW certianly beat the Cascade.

May I ask where you found that? Its hard to find...assuming its made by Cathar not DTEK (which I bet my chips it was.)
    Like i said earlier, it was a second hand one. I got it from the "For Sale" forum in the Overclockers Australia Forum (which Cathar himself, frequents)

Have you considered a T-line, its slightly harder to fill, but its better for bleeding. Also, it doesn't impede on flow as much and its smaller.
    I havne't seriously considered a T-line as such, but it I may put one in.

I'm still deciding on the pump. I'm definately gonna get an Eheim, but i'm not sure with to get:
    1048 - 600L/Hr - 1.5m head - $142.55
    1250 - 1200L/Hr - 2m head - $176.55
    I want to get the 1048 because its a bit easier on my budget, but for the extra $34 I get twice the flow rate and 0.5m more head.

Bein' an inline setup then I'd go the 1048 which should be plenty as the rate of the 1250 would better suit a large reservoir setup.

I havne't seriously considered a T-line as such, but it I may put one in.

I'm still deciding on the pump. I'm definately gonna get an Eheim, but i'm not sure with to get:
    1048 - 600L/Hr - 1.5m head - 2.55
    1250 - 1200L/Hr - 2m head - 6.55
    I want to get the 1048 because its a bit easier on my budget, but for the extra I get twice the flow rate and 0.5m more head.
    If you want an easy bleed method, consider a T-line. Its much cheaper and bleeds quicker. I, personally, would not get a Eheim. Its mainstream with decent preformance. If don't have your mind set consider the Danner Mag3, it preforms like the Iwaki-15R yet its `$40USD. Also, all it needs is a little propellor mod. But I think your decided.

I've finally decided on pump, the Ehiem 1048 is the one. Its been ordered, so too late if its not ;)

Okay, its a good main-stream pump.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information