Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SLK900U Installation HELP!!!

Why oh why do Thermalright not give any installation instructions with their highly rated h/sinks?

I have just wasted a perfectly good evening trying to install my newly lapped slk900u on my Asus A7V333 & AMD XP2400.

I looked at the Thermalright web site for guidence but the instructions there where very patchy.

I consider myself fairly competent, but where do all the different washers go??. There are 4x plastic ones which I guessed went on the stand off's & 4x metal ones which I thought may also go on the stand off's. If I put them on the topside of the M/B they short out on the surface mounted components. If I put them underneath they just don't look right, maybe its me, can you SLK owners clarify this?

The other problem I had was with the plastic sheet underneath.
    There are no holes in it for the stand offs to screw through!. I have made some easy enough but has anybody else come across this?

Are there any other potential problems I should know about before attempting the installation again. To be honest though, at the moment, I don't feel like attempting it again....too much trouble!!

Thanks in advance for all info & help.

Isnt the 900U for Intel boards? I have a 900A which i just uses the clips on the proc socket, and the 947U can be used for both AMD and Intel sockets.

And I agree that Thermalright need to put instructions in the box :?:

Nope 900U is for AMD as well.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Any tips for me on the installation.

Where are all the AMD/SLK owners?

Thread Information