Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling wish list (merged threads)

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Maze4 M8.. Maze4..

I recommend the newer Swiftech CPU blocks, as they are some of the best you can get and better than the Maze 4.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    I recommend the newer Swiftech CPU blocks, as they are some of the best you can get and better than the Maze 4.
    So ya've used them as well? :zzz:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    So ya've used them as well? :zzz:
    .......why? :confused:

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

4. Default

i have a ThermalTake Xaser2 and im going to replace all the fans that came with it with ThermalTake smartcase fan 1's & 2's

2 ThermalTake smart case fans for the exhaust.
    (depending on what i can do with the radiator) 3 thermalTake smart case fan 2's for front and side intake.
    i will put a 120mm enermax for a blowhole on the top of the case and have another of the same type on the radiator.
    also my PSU does have a 90mm intake and an 80mm exhaust.
    GBRRICCI

i believe there is a guild to making ur home made resivor/ just get pvc piping, with tube fittings and u should have a good reserivor. afround a 10 dollar mod i guess at home depot.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

6. Default

thats actually not a bad idea.

and i've thought about it and i'll probably just go with a T fitting and have a tube go to the top of the case where i'll drill a hole and have some sort of inlet there and also have a good plug for it.

ok heres the update:

Pump: hydor L30
    Radiator: Heater Core (+ shroud)
    CPU BLock: Maze 3 with copper top, 1/2" chrome fittings, and stainless steal hold down
    Tubing: 10Ft of clearflex tubing
    Reservoir: (NONE)
    Additives: 12 ounces Zerex Racing Super Coolant + 1 ounce UV Water Dye-Lite (blue)
    Fan: 2 Enermax UC-12FAB-B (one for radiator and one for blowhole)
    ETC: 10 hose clamps a T fitting and a Y fitting
    GBRRICCI

The Maze4 outperforms Maze3 by a few degrees in the reviews I've read. :)

8. Default

so which is best maze 3, maze 4, anyothers and where i can buy them? (i can buy a block other than dangerden)
    GBRRICCI

9. Default

I havent seen anyone try this approach for fitting a dual 120mm radiator in a case where there isnt a lot of room but i bet you could just cut 2 120mm holes one the bottom of the case and just mount the rad right there on the bottom. It might interfere with some pci cards (if you have them on the bottom ones) but it would still fit in most cases. You would also have to make sure there is enough space between the surface the case is on and the bottom of the case to make sure it doesnt create a vacuum. If anyone has seen this then post a link or comment on how they did it.
    GBRRICCI

10. Default

just had a rather interesting idea about water cooling systems. instead of putting all the equipment inside the computer case why not just build a seperate casing that would be mounted on the outside of the case. This would make it much safer if the system screwed up (unless it was the blocks/tubing inside of the case that broke). Another thing it might help decrease is the temps inside the case by having the radiator outside. I might actually do this when i make my cooling system, and i'll see what i can do about making some drawings/ finding supplies for it. tell me what you guys think.
    GBRRICCI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information