Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling recomendations

if it uses voltage regulators, it'll say somehting about the voltage adjustment being from 7-12 volts or something like that

Unfortuently the cascade isn't being produced at the moment due to cathars family reasons. Wait till febuary 14th or something then palce ur order in quick thats when cathar is re-openign orders.
    Watercooling Setup: Boris Waterblock || Heto 2800 pump || '89 Camry Heatercore || Senfu Silicon kink-free tubing || Metal Hose Clamps || Globalwin 120mm Fan || Sunon 120mm Screamer

Quote Originally Posted by kommando
    Unfortuently the cascade isn't being produced at the moment due to cathars family reasons. Wait till febuary 14th or something then palce ur order in quick thats when cathar is re-openign orders.
    Luckily for me I'm already on the list before he stopped. I'll have some pics up soon.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Lucky you, I might have to come over and borrow it.... and never return :devil:

Since I had some free time today, I sat down and did some plans on how I was going to construct the shroud for the heater core.

I came up with 3 designs.
    Design 1 is using two fans, one fan at the front pushing air through and one pulling it through the other end.

Design 2 is just with a single fan, pulling the air through the heater core.
    and
    Design 3 is with a single fan, pushing the air through the heater core.

I also have a picture of where I am going to be placing the heater core. In my Antec case I have drilled out the lower HDD cage, giving me more room.

That is most likely the best position. Use the two fan design if you can, if not make Design #3.

:thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

At first I was going to place at the top of my case and cut a blowhole. Then it seemed that the heatercore was too chunky and with the shroud way too big. Made a prototype out of cardboard, all looks good. Just need to wait for the waterblock.
    I'll try the first design, but will probably go with the 3rd since it takes less space.

My time for making waterblocks is almost done. Giving very serious thought to giving it up. I'm too passionate about it, and it affects my life in negative terms.

Besides, I see this as a case of leaping too far for the industry. The WB industry, like any other, is based around putting out better and better designs. The White Water/RBX are close to the end of the road. The Cascade is one stop-light away from the end, and the experimental "super-Cascade" block I have coming will be about the end of it. Note, I will not be releasing any information for that block, nor will I be selling them.

I see a bit of a pall forming amongst the once avid water-cooling enthusiast community and it has gotten steadily worse over the last six months. Where many were excited about pushing the envelope, they are all now playing with their cards very close to their chest, or totally unwilling to share their ideas or designs, or simply giving up, purely because of what has gone on here.

Companies that once made a living from using these enthusiast's work will stagnate without that open input. Without direction on how to make their blocks better then where have they to go? What was once a lucrative upgrade-driven market will gradually dry up into a slow trickle of new adopters only. In essence, the companies that do this are just eating away at their own future, and all we'll be left with is the cheap asian-made duplicates.

At least that's my rather dark crystal ball vision on Christmas eve. I believe that by this time next year we'll start to see some of what I'm talking about taking strong effect.
    A quote from Cathar.
    Raises a few concerns from me. I would really like to buy a Cascade waterblock. But if I can't what would be the next best thing?
    I think this was raised when Danger Den copied one of his designs, the Little River block. Danger Den labelled it 'S-RBX'.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information