Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 80mm to 120mm cooler mount adapter to the CPU heatsink!

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbiker
    Are you thinking of ducting straight from the case side to the HS with that 120mm?
    :thumb: :cheers:
    At first I must say that this whole thing is a future project, meaning that I will realize it when I buy a new computer (in 1/2-2 years :rolleyes: ). Itīs no point to try that to my current system, because itīs already very silent, my CPU temps are fine and the CPU wonīt go further than 1.83GHz. I just ask all the questions i have now that then when I buy the new system I will know whatīs the best way to (air) cool the CPU and how I should do the case cooling. ;)

Okhay, now I will move to the actual subject. :rolleyes: If I buy the Antec P160 what I was thinking, Iīm gonna make an extra 120mm hole to the side panel (and put there 120mm fan of course). The case If there is one 120mm intake fan on the front, one on the side panel and one exhaust fan on the back (also 120mm), the airflow should be good enough that I wouldnīt have to duct the CPU fans air straight from the side panel (outside)...or what do you think? If you meant do I put a 120mm pipe from the side panel to the CPU (fan) it would be all the time in the way and I seriously doubt it would even fit in the case. ;)

To Zarathustra: I was thinking to buy the Akasa fan controller pro (AK FC-03) or which ever model will be available of that when Iīm buying it.Link That is a good quality controller (according to the reviews in the net) and the best looking I have found (a true candy)! BTW, it seems that you have to use some imagination to mount that fan adapter to the heatsink...there is only some string keeping the adapter in itīs place (I think) in the pictures. :?: :D :D

Originally posted by Tomi_s
    BTW, it seems that you have to use some imagination to mount that fan adapter to the heatsink...there is only some string keeping the adapter in itīs place (I think) in the pictures.
    Right, but that's because the fan is used with a Thermalright SLK 900 heatsink. Even though it is possible to mount an 80mm fan on it, it does not come with the necessary holes for an adapter. On most other heatsink, it should be more convenient.
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

That SLK-900U heatsink is just the one Iīm planning to buy. :rolleyes: Which (high performance) HS would have those mounting holes? :?:

I think it's a good idea to go for the Thermalright SLK. It's just that you have to be a bit creative to mount the adapter on it.
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information