Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: case temp rises with side on

I have a swiftech 4000 and a tornado strapped on to a p4 3.0 overclocked to 3.6 and 1 120 mm on the front and 1 120 mm on the side over the graphics card. I have A SINGLE 120 exhausting out the backside and i still see the temp rise when side is attached.Its not a big difference but it bugs the crap out of me.
    Does this mean i have bad airflow in my case?
    :flames:

Yes it does as ya intake greatly exceeds ya exhaust so ya over pressurisin' the case. An 80-92mm blowhole in the top should fix that though (ya should only need 5cfm more goin' into the case than comin' out). A pic or link of the case will add more info as well.

nvm my computers messed up just do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by ccstx73
    And? :confused:

I had a problem keeping positive airflow so i duct taped the lower section seperate and i guess it was overkill on the positive air pressure. I just took the tape off and wondered if you had any suggestions. Intake fans are a total of 185 cfm and exaust including psu and 92 mm hd fan is im guessingaround 170 but with the filters it doesnt seem to be positive airflow. actually if i remove the 5.25 bay cover and check with a lighter it blows air out and if i check the same configuration at the bottom backside of my case it wants to suck the air in???? go figure...
    :hammer:

So the link is to the case ya have or one similar to it?

Maybe this one is ya actual case? :?:

Positive airflow means more goin' in than comin' out and negative means more air comin' out than goin' in. As I stated in my early post ya need positive pressure but only by 5cfm (more will be to much). A fanless blowhole in the top panel may also balance things out for ya.

Thread Information