Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling Heaven [merged threads]

Finally got the last bit of cooling done to my box!!!! This was a zalman heatpipe gpu cooler/with fan, bot does this sucker deliver!!!! On fresh AS3 gpu temps dropped 10 C right off at stock clocks. When the FX - 5600 was rung out to the max, all I saw was 49 C (411mhz core 687 mem ), which is about 3-4 degrees lower than before at stock clock settings!!!! Also took the liberty of lapping the heatsink on the silent boost which seems to have dropped my max down to 41 C. All this from a box I thought could not run cooler. With the silent boost, the antec stealth case fans, and the zalman unit, I have put about $200.00 into cooling and I see the results have been worth it!!! No more 60+ C temps on the CPU and no more mid 50 C temps on the FX - 5600. All with a whole lot less noise than before, so no one is *****ing about the noise any more. May try some of that new AS5 as I got some when the zalman arrived, hmmmm............

so do i go with the volcano 7 or silent boost? i dont care about how quit it is, just how low the temps are..
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

Less noise when it comes to our PC's is a good thing!!!! Now using AS5 and seeing max temps of 38-39 C in a warmer room!!! See 30 C on the low end now, also did a lapping job on the Silent Boost. This thing cools great, better than a coolermaster heatpipe unit with a naoisey fan!!! Good Luck!!!!!

anybody used Volcano 7 that wants to compare it to the silent boost....
    Lostprophets-

The time is coming
    A new sun rising
    Don't try to stop this

Most all the volcano's are quite loud, the silent boost cools as well with little noise.

so go with the silentboost for BETTER COOLing right? i told you before i dont care about how loud it is (have 2 4ft towers with 4 12"subs,behind me..you can hear the music and games all the way downstairs).im all about the temps and not noise...
    Lostprophets-

The time is coming
    A new sun rising
    Don't try to stop this

I don't think you can go wrong with the silent boost, just make sure you lapp it and use AS5. I now get idle temps in the low to mid 30's and never see more than 39 C on the high end. This is in a smallish, crappy case!!!! Hope that helps you out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information