Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooling Heaven [merged threads]

Who said you had to give up performance to get great cooling!!!! Installed 3 - 92mm Vantec Stealth case fans and a Thermaltake Silent boost heatsink/fan and what do you know...... CPU average temp. now down to 37 degrees C and a whole lot less naoise to boot!!!! These are all very good products, highly recomended!!!!

I've been praising the Tt silent boost ever since I got one, and you're even getting 3 C cooler than me. I'm using 5 medium speed 80 mm fans though.

btw, what cpu do you have it sitting on?

EDIT: wait a minute, you said cpu average temp didn't you? what is the max temp? That's the one that really matters.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

It is sitting on top of a Athon XP2600+ using arctic silver 3. Max temp is 42 degrees C under load for an extended period.

42? not bad at all :)

I'm getting 40 on an 2100 palomino with AS Ceramique running Folding@home 24/7 (Room temp ~22 C)

hi im new but i have a water cooler sitting on top of my AMD XP 3200+ over clocked too 3700 :D

Water cooling is always nice. :D

If you have a quality setup, you should be getting temperatures that are just a few degrees off room ambient.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

With much swearing and a $125.00, my pc now runs cooler with much less noise. The addition of 3 - Vantec Stealth case fans, all 92mm and a Thermaltake Silent Boost all helped to bring temps down nicely. A 37-38 average temp now, with a maximum of 43 C. To see if this was all worth it, I decided to max the CPU out for about an hour and a half at a room temp of 21 C. The results listed above are what I got and I am very pleased. These mods dropped the CPU operating temp by about 20 C and shouls ensure long life for my Athon XP. Anyone considering any or all of the above parts, please do so, you won't regret it. Highly recomended.

OCed CPU or not?
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

The Athon XP is running at the stock speed of 2.13GHZ . Although minje seems to be a good one, it goes 2.145GHZ. Good CPU that XP 2600+.

BubbaMGDGuy, I"m glad you've got the results you want but there really is no need at all for a second thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information