Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cpu temp question

Currently running a 1.1 Amd T-Bird, 2 exhaust fans, Abit KT7-A Raid board, Orb Heatsink with copper contact and standard fan on the HS. Room temp is about 68-72. Case temp is 77-81 and my CPU is running at 42 C. Its also a full tower with a 600W PS.
    Temps vary between 2-3 degrese depending on if the case is open or shut.

is this temp range bad?

Never had any stability issues, glitches, or spontanious reboots.

Thanks,
    If i had a nickel for every time i heard the phrase "if i had a nickel" i would give you my 2 cents worth and keep the change

Its not bad but its not good. Its seems like you have a problem with you case cooling seeing that your temps change will you case door open. If you are looking for better cooling invest in something along the lines of a Volcano 7+ or 9 as Heatsink and fan. Also if you have the space try to get some Intake fans. Always have more intake air and a bit less exhaust.
    - Damien

when you are in the bios, and checking your CPU temp, is the CPU running at %100, or is it idleing? Just want to know what the normal temp is going to be for my CPU when it is idleing.
    If i had a nickel for every time i heard the phrase "if i had a nickel" i would give you my 2 cents worth and keep the change

Its idling. Load temps are right after or during a benchmark test, or Sandra...
    - Damien

You should try checking your mobo's web site for utilities, many have a program that monitors temps, much easier than checking BIOS!
    I use MSI board with PC Alert/Fuzzy Logic. Very useful and shipped on CD with the board :)
    Cooling n00b.

Give us all temps (room/system/CPU) in degrees Celsius (these forums are international and celsius is the most common measurement) with the CPU under 100% load (idle temps are really useless) but everything sounds fine to me.

Thread Information