Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling Issue / Recommendations

On high speed (which I rarely use) they can be a bit loud (though not as loud as quite a few others that I can think of). The V12 is about the same noise wise but a fraction cooler.

I kinda have thesame question, I am gonna be using a Pentium 4 2.6C what can you guys recommend to cool this thing off? Its gonna be overclocked to 3+ ghz.

By the way is Zalman CNPS7000A Series good for cooling on overclocked system?

thanks in advance!

I've got my 2.4C to 3.24GHz with the standard alloy Intel HSF, that's as far as that will go atm, but I'm goin' to remove the Volcano 7+ from my 2.4B setup to see how close to 3.5GHz I can get it.

wow, is the intel heatsink loud? What temps are you getting? J/w, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

No its not loud at all but under 100% the CPU sits at about 21C above room temp though the 7+ will cut that down just on low speed.

I have a TT7+ which I'm more than happy with. Its quiet it cools well. It also looks great. Who can complain

Howdy

you are looking for a reasonable cost low noise and good performance heatsink & fan, i'd have to recommend the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu. its a full copper heatsink with fan imbeded into the unit. i was running this with my P4 2.4c @ 3.07GHz stable (didn't crash after a full day of Prime95 torture testing). this intel cpu puts out more heat than your amd chip so you shouldn't have a problem. even with the fan running a full speed (it comes with a rpm controller) + running it slightly faster again through Mother Board Monitor
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    it run very quiet.

at load (100%) it runs at 50c case closed in ambient temp 30c+ (my place gets pretty warm. the full wall windows heats up my room to the west facing sun).

i've since move onto water cooling so now the zalman gets bumped to my server case with a toasty TBird 1000 overclocked to 1.4Ghz.

if aesthetics are important (side window), this is a fairly attractive unit due to its unique design.

i found a good site below (in melbourne) that has decent prices

http://www.pccasegear.com/prod911.htm

here are a couple of reviews. i'm sure you can find more though google.

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=152
    http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...articleid=1518

Lastly there is a slightly cheaper unit based on the same design with a half copper half aluminum. the results won't be as good but still pretty close.

hope that helps,
    cheers.

Just like to say thanks for the help guys.

I ended up getting the Silent Boost model, mainly for the fact that my pc is in my bedroom and i couldnt stand loud fans at all.

Id just like to leave a note that I purchased this off Below-zero and was very unhappy with their service, the product im happy with, but their customer service was rather appouling.

Not meant to be a harsh flame to the company, i just feel the feedback was needed as this was done under recommendation.

Thanks for your help guys, greatly appreciated. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information