Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My case doesn't like my XP...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    How about a Cruise Missile? :?:
    wouldnt that count as explosives?

Well I spose so but on a much larger scale though not to mention the fun of doin' it from a couple of hundred kms away. :D
    Just imagine the home movie he could make of that. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller
    incendiarys then?

yer no fun...
    LMAO

But on a more serious note look at this http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp. You could mount a fan with a couple of crude brackets to the back of the case independant of the u cover and get some decent air flow with a 80mm blowing on your hsf without a lot of costs. Or for $26 us + s&h you could buy this case http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ry=1470&DEPA=1

I opted for the case.

i was getting simalar temps with my XP 1600+ and put an intake fan (92mm) blowing side on to the cpu droped temps by 10c.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

i also mounted my psu externaly (on top of case) to give it some breathing room, and a huge ass heatsink and fan for the proccesor.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Beefy, I use an AOpen H600A case, and the cooling is so good in it, that apart from winning two design awards :D, my CPU load temps are higher with the side off than with it on! If you want to check it out.....

http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/housing/h600a.htm

The H600A is really, really good...but I can't aford one, so my next case is going to be a Aopen HX45a...it's a modders dream :thumb:
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Hmm, I have an Idea. On the front of my case I have an 8cm fan just like you, however I have room for another fan or possibly a larger fan but no holes to accomodate. If I drill a few small holes from inside out I can make room to add another fan or replace the existing one with a larger one. the holes cannot be seen from outside because of the front bezel. That would take care of the intake cooler air. I dont know about the rear of your case but mine has little room. However if you draw a percise pattern and drill holes from the outside inward you would have an outlet. you might be able to add another smaller fan or something. In theory, because you are now forcing more air into the case the pressure inside the case is greater and by just making more holes in the back you should be able to force more hot air out even without adding another rear fan. Just a thought and since it is not me with the problem it is an idea I will easily share. Let me warn you though, my ideas arent always the best and never work the first time around. good luck.
    Athlon 2000+
    epox 8kha+
    768MB crucial/micron DDR pc2100
    Pine geforce 2 AGP mx400
    SB Audigy mp3+
    20 GB Western Digital
    Creativelabs 52x CDROM
    Buslink 40x12x48 burner
    Asynchronus digital subscriber loop

bah!

My Athlon 1800XP at home has a stock HSF and on a warm day runs at 62....
    But it is still stable and reliable...

One day I will get around to doing somthing about it...

But it doesn't really matter
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information