Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best way to monitor temps?

Hi
    I'm building a P4 3.2 on a P4C800-e deluxe with a ASUS 9800xt and plan on 2 Raptor WD740GD in raid 0 all in a ANTEC Performance PLUSVIEW case.

I read that a Raptor runs at 22.7 degrees Celsius over ambient room temperature from http://www.storagereview.com/article...WD740GD_6.html

So I think I'd like to have a temp monitor board with a few probes for the Hard Drives and CPU. What else would need a probe and what is a good unit?

Wont this be a little hot on the other components? Should I be doing something about cooling things down? I've been looking toward a quite machine but I would rather it run cool.

My Antec PSU will control speed on case fans and so will the Mother board. Is it wise to let either of these control the fans? I leave my PC on 24 hours.

Thanks
    Marc

Those antec cases allow up to 5 80mm fans to be installed. While this isnt one of the quietest fan configurations, its one of the coolest. I think your best bet would be to install all the fans, but to buy the rheobus, as Wiggo said, and then turn them down. I've never been a fan of using the fan connectors on PSU's, but the rheobus has 8 channels and should be more than enough to cover all of your fans. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Wow
    That Digital Doc 5+ is quite a unit. Thanks guys, I've been looking all over for something that would monitor temps and control fans/noise. After reading http://www.dansdata.com/digitaldoc5.htm I feel kind of foolish but I already bought the Raptors so I guess now that point is mute. :rolleyes: But I wonder if this isn't a bit much?

So I've got the big case, Hard drives and I'm working on sleeving my Antec 550 without voiding the warranty, so who makes nice fans?

I think I owe everyone here and at Sharkys a round of beers after this thing plays it's first game of Quake 3.

Thanks again
    Marc

Thread Information