Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: too extreme?????

well for a whiule now I've been thinking about better cooling for my n/b on my ASUS A7N8X dlx as I've heard/read that they do get very hot and restrict FBS. so........ I was looking into my "box of trix" which most of us have and found a the AMD heatsink/fan from my XP2100+ so I'm looking at modding it to fit over my northbridge! I know it's a bit of overkill but it's just sitting there doing nothing and it IS another chance to fiddle inside me box! so whatya's think???? and the heatsink on my northbridge I can put on my southbridge as sometimes when me pc's been running for a while and gets hot my audio can lag/stutter which is mainly controled from the southbridge! (I think)
    XP2100+ "B" @ 2.2GHz (11.0 x 200, 1.7v) & Coolmaster Aero 7+
    ASUS A7N8X dlx with AMD h/s + fan mounted on n/b and passive on s/b
    X-Micro Ti4200 218mb
    512mb Geil PC3200 (400 MHz) single channel
    Dell 21"
    Enermex 710b case with 4 TMD case fans
    and the usual running gear......

That would be a little extreme. You would just be better off buying a Crystal orb from thermal take and putting that on there... You might even want one for ure southbridge.

sometimes when me pc's been running for a while and gets hot my audio can lag/stutter which is mainly controled from the southbridge
    On board sound is usually controlled from a seperate onboard sound chip..can u give me mobo info?:cheers:

EDIT: Here's a link for the crystal orb:http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/chipset/a1178.htm
    X-Dreamer Case w/ Window
    Enermax 660w PSU
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
    Asus K8V Deluxe
    Corsair XMS 256x2 MB DDR500
    1xWD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
    4x300GB WD 5400 RPM 8mb
    Ati Radeon 9800XT (440/780)
    Pioneer 8x DVD-RW
    Samsung 173v 17' LCD
    SB Audigy 2
    Windows XP Pro

I've cut out a piece of the h/s to accomadate the 2 of the large capasitors you can see almost between the cpu and n/b so she should fit nice and snug.

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

there ya go champ!

I've actually got a spare crystal orb sitting here doing nothing but it looks way too big to use on my south bridge, so I've cut down an ols heatsink to fit it!
    XP2100+ "B" @ 2.2GHz (11.0 x 200, 1.7v) & Coolmaster Aero 7+
    ASUS A7N8X dlx with AMD h/s + fan mounted on n/b and passive on s/b
    X-Micro Ti4200 218mb
    512mb Geil PC3200 (400 MHz) single channel
    Dell 21"
    Enermex 710b case with 4 TMD case fans
    and the usual running gear......

Thread Information