Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Case running too hot!

I have a Chenbro X-pider or gamer bomb with 2 vantec steath 120 and 92 mm on the front, and the cpu temperature goes from a close case 43c to a 38c with the case open.
    The cpu is a P4 (2.8 GHz) with the stock thermal solution. I was gonna replace the heatsink because the one I have is too loud (i can't even hear the vantecs) but should I change the fans as well?

while 43 C isn't bad, a 5 drop with the door off shows you still have room for improvement with case cooling. For a quiet (and fairly cheap) cooling solution I'd recomend the Thermaltake Silent Boost in combination with arctic silver 5 or Ceramique. However, i would leave the fans for now as they are quiter than the normal.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Isn't the intake and exaust a big issue, what if I get a heatsink like Thermalright SP-94 or Swiftech MCX478-V

Seems like ya over pressurisin' the case with that 120mm and 92mm as intakes with only the PSU doin' the exhaust end from what ya've stated so the case is havin' trouble gettin' rid of all the air that comin' in thus ya gettin' a build up of warm air inside it. Your case should only have slightly more air goin' in than what's bein' extracted.

Seems like ya over pressurisin' the case with that 120mm and 92mm as intakes with only the PSU doin' the exhaust end from what ya've stated so the case is havin' trouble gettin' rid of all the air that comin' in thus ya gettin' a build up of warm air inside it. Your case should only have slightly more air goin' in than what's bein' extracted.
    120 exaust 92 intake

Quote Originally Posted by dorima27
    120 exaust 92 intake
    Well as you stated, "with 2 vantec steath 120 and 92 mm on the front", one can only go on your words but then ya'd likely be runnin' to much negative pressure. If its the same case as reviewed here then I'd either replace the 120mm fan with an 80mm one or more likely I'd add an 80mm one to the side panel as an intake fan over the AGP/PCI slots to better balance the airflow.

Thread Information