Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Heatsink and Fan

Since I've not been able to narrow this down at all, I figured I'd start a new thread on it. I'm getting a new heatstink and fan, and was told that the best heatstink is the Thermaltake SP97 (review: http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/the...t/sp97/p1.html). If so, what kind of fan should go along with it? Something with a variable speed control?

But then again, I see others that are insisting on the Volcano 7+. But why the 7+, and not the 12? Is it because of money? Is the 12 inferior to the 7+? In that reveiew, it seems that the SP97 completely smokes the Volcano 12. So gimme your feedback on this topic that seems to be a bit hazy for me.

Price tag maybe?

The SP97 retails at about $100 doesn't it? Plus, you have to fork out $20-$30 for a good fan. Thats a pretty hefty fee for CPU cooling.

The Volcano 7+ and 12 are good fans, but from memory the 12 had a few problems that needed ironing out, thats why alot of ppl suggest the 7+.
    Its cheap, good cooling, and looks pretty sweet.

But, if you've got the money to throw around, go compare the specs and chose the best one....
    This site should help http://www.gruntville.com - It reviews hardware on performance alone, not price etc.
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

The V7+ and V12 are both good with the V12 being the better of the two but at a cost.

Thread Information