Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cooling Help

Default Cooling Help

I just started overclocking, I am running an AMD Athlon 2500+ on a A7N8X, I haven't bought any cooling stuff, so I just have whatever came with my motherboard. I have my computer overclocked to 2.2ghz with 1.75VCore, and it is running at 44 degrees celsius. What kind of cooling should I buy to help??

Default Re: Cooling Help

It really depends on two factors... How are you going to use your computer and how much money do you have to spend.

But before you go into too much thought on those two aspects, the first thing you need to look at is case airflow. Do you have a good case with plenty of space for fans? The best heatsink in the world won't do squat without cool air to work with (unless you are looking at alternative cooling).

Let us know about your system and your usage plans and we can help you a bit more.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

My computer has 3 fans in it so far, two in the back, and 1 on the side.. I don't know if that is enough, but my case can't support anymore. And I could spend up to 150 or so on cooling. Thanks

Is the 44C at idle or under load. If idle, you could do something to better the cooling but if under load then you're really doing fine as things sit right now.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information