Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper issues

Default ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper issues

Hi all,

I recently purchased the ZALMAN hs/f and some AS5 to compliment it. When in installed it my temps went up to 50-51+. Funny thing is, with the stock hs/f from intel my temps were lower @ 42-45 or so. As far as installation goes im pretty sure i installed it correctly becuase theres nothing to it. All this is with the fan spinning at its fastest and both screws are tightly screwed. As far as AS5 i just spread a think layer over the P4 chip, but for some reason im getting these high temps. Anyone have any ideas or can recomment something. Any help would be greatly apprecitate. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Default Re: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper issues

are these temps at idle or load?
    i have a zalman 7000b alcu and i had similar problem. you need to use a thinner layer of as5, about a ball bearing/garden pea sized amount and spread it out. If that does not work then disconnect the fanmate that comes with the HS, and check that you dont have the fan speed turned down in bios.

What motherboard do you have, and which processor?

Actually you only need a drop of AS5 about the size of a small grain of rice in the center of the heatspreader then put the heatsink straight down on it.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Actually you only need a drop of AS5 about the size of a small grain of rice in the center of the heatspreader then put the heatsink straight down on it.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm
    I was following the instructions for the zalman thermal paste that came with it...

I remember that its different for AS5 when i get some.

Thread Information