Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: hyper 6

Default hyper 6

Has anyone tried this coolermaster product before?? i havent seen anyone really mention it and since i was prolly going to buy it... just needed some input from an experienced user. Also, how does this product compare to zalman, thermaltake??

Default Re: hyper 6

I haven't tried it myself but I believe there were several reviews of this item available.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Depends what are your specs?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I heard from people the hyper 6 is pretty good, the biggest complaint is the size and weight of it. Zaleman is a little better, the best is thermalright A-120. From my understanding it's better than some water cooling. Let emphasis this depends on your specs and the air flow in your case. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Need more information to make good recommendation. One thing though I stay away from thermaltake I never had good product by them and never heard anything they do<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 16.5pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=\"http://forums.tweaktown.com/images/smilies/nono.gif\" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1JEFFST~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image 001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>. <o:p></o:p>

Quote Originally Posted by crazichild
    One thing though I stay away from thermaltake I never had good product by them and never heard anything they do<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 16.5pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1JEFFST~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image 001.gif" o:href='\"http://forums.tweaktown.com/images/smilies/nono.gif\"'></v:imagedata></v:shape>. <o:p></o:p>
    You obviously havn't had any of the right ones yet and there are a few good ones from them.

This guy had a problem with it: http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...6_review_4.php
    Also if your looking for silent cooling, the fan that comes with it goes to 31.dba with only 37.65 cfm. However the thermaltake rival of this product, the silent tower stays at a permanent 21 dba and manages 52.24 cfm of airflow, which is insane. Heres a review of that product: http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...ower/pg_4.html
    As crazichild stated, its true that thermalright can preform at the same level as water cooling, but this can only be achieved with the 71.00 cfm fans that are LOUD as hell. Good luck on choosing your product.

-c0ntra
    Athlon 64 3500+ at 2.4 ghz
    Thermalright XP-90
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
    1 gig Crucial BallistixPC3200
    BFG 6800 Ultra OC

Quote Originally Posted by c0ntra
    .... its true that thermalright can preform at the same level as water cooling, but this can only be achieved with the 71.00 cfm fans that are LOUD as hell.
    Maybe you should read this review on the Thermalright XP-120.

Thats used with a 120 mm panaflo which runs at about 30 dba. Most websites that were reviewing it were using 80mm fans with the 70 cfm which were running around 50 dba. I geuss it really depends how quiet you want your PC to be.
    Athlon 64 3500+ at 2.4 ghz
    Thermalright XP-90
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
    1 gig Crucial BallistixPC3200
    BFG 6800 Ultra OC

I'll just stick with water.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Back to my main point it depends on your system specs are you overclocking, are you one for LAN parties, type of case,? There some things to take under consideration. One thing I use is duct from my hsf to exhaust. Give us more information and we can help you alot better.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thread Information