Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case Temps

No. I haven't done a smoke test on my case. I haven't felt that the temperatures I get are in need of improvement at the time.

As for your results being so varied, that seems a bit strange. But I have other cooling as well (chipset, GPU, etc...), so that may lend to the more stable results.

Also, take a look at the positioning of your case fans. Sometimes the placement isn't quite right, so it doesn't get the full effect of the monster fans that you install.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    I don't think that aluminum would make much difference, but placement of fan bays would. I mean, it's not like the metal is directly dissipating any heat or anything like that.

But since aluminum cases are normally a bit on the pricey side, it is wholly possible that the manufacturers of these cases put more time into planning for the built-in cooling bays and standard fans. Hot spots are what create mist internal heating problems in cheap cases, so good placement is crucial.
    yes, better to buy a cheap steel case and mod it then to buy an expensive aluminium case and not even get to enjoy the fun of modding it.
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information