Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Overheating and Restarting

Default Re: Overheating and Restarting

Try running memtest86+ (in sig) for a while to make sure it's not the memory and try running Prime95 (google it) for a few hours. I'm putting my money on this being a hradware problem rather than software, so this will see if you have any sort of instability problems as a result of heat or bad/damaged hardware.

Hey I had that problem too. Have you tried to over clock your graphics card, or cpu? Or did you use the DOT technology? Or did you mess with you memory setting IE clock speed? If so reset to default. If you chose maximum performance or what ever it's called in the bios reset to default, the should work. If not I'm out of Ideas. Does anyone know what size hard drive this will support(maximum size?)
    DA Boogeyman

I have a factory overclock Nvidia 5700 BFG, I dont know how to turn off this overclocking so i am at loss. My CPU is set to default right now too, so it may just be the video card.

How do i use memtest?

Download it and follow the included instructions... It will go on a floppy that you boot to from outside Windows.

So I have finally narrowed down the two possibilities of why the computer is restarting using Prime95 and Memtest, its either the CPU not taking the heat too well or my Factory overclock graphics card not taking the heat.

Any ideas on what type of heatsink to buy for a Intel P4 Prescott 3.2?

Have you tried increasing the memory voltage by 0.1v and the Vcore to 1.600-1.625v?

I tried upping the voltage, it restarted it once it got that high.

I have you Prescott 3.2 ghz that restarts too. The computer is from Medion (M3 Composer 5200). The cooler it's ok. The tempeture stays at C 55 +-.
    I read somebody saying to disable the "automatically restart" at the "Startup and Recovery" so i did it. Some minutes later appeared the blue screen and it said:
    Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal
    And at the botton: 3CUSLR98.sys
    What does it means and what should i do?
    Thank you!!!!

With Prescott's its a good idea to make sure that you use something like Arctic Silver 5 (or something nearly as good) for good heat transference and that the HSF makes good contact with the CPU (sometimes the HSF pins don't lock down right a the s775 mainboard if your's is one) plus you really need a well ventilated case.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information