Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Overheating and Restarting

Default Re: Overheating and Restarting

I have a p4 3.0ghz HT prescott, Radeon 9600pro SB audigy. The CPU was running hot with the stock intel HSU so i bought a Zalman copper HSU and the Idle temp went down to 37.C but not for long and was still heating to 59c-60c at full load. It's now even worst than before because my computer freeze when i start the PRIME95 test or in the middle or begenning of a game and when i restart the cpu it often freeze during the bootup. Is it possible that i damaged something in the processor when i changed the HSU ?
    I just scan with spybot S&D and its overheating 63c Anyone can help for this maybe the thermal grease that ciomes with it S*cks oR I misinstalled it. I will try the artic silver 5 you're talking about.

Do you have a 'CPU' alarm in your bios settings that beeps at a certain temp? Reason I ask is my prescott used to run 60+ and up to 75 in game but never restarted on me.. Only thing it would do is beep like mad..

I would tend to think it isn't a heat issue at all. You might want to look into other areas that would cause this such as your power supply.

*Nickson. You most likely put too much or not enough paste on when you reinstalled the CPU. Try redoing that and see what you get.
    Last edited by PacketStorm; 02-23-2005 at 11:25 PM.

I have this problem, too. I already changed my motherboard from Asus P4P800S-X to Foxconn 865 Series motherboard, but still, it restarts. My CPU idle temperature is 55 degrees celcius. Im using Task 450 W PSU. What shall I do?

Those Zalman coolers are a pain in the ass to get on right. And the themal grease that comes with them is not that good. Get some Arctic Silver 5 and try reinstalling it. Remember, you don't need much of the paste, just a very thin coat to fill in the imperfections. Arctic Silver has great instructions on their website for applying it properly. Also, try running with the side panel off the case and use a box fan or window fan and blow it straight inside to see if it helps. I had a 2.8E prescott and I had the shutdown temp @ 70C. While I would not want it running that hot, 60C is not unheard of and shouldn't damage the CPU. It sounds like your case has airflow issues too.
    Last edited by casecutter; 09-28-2005 at 05:21 AM.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information