Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thermal paste

I advise against using a cotton swab to remove the thermal goop/paste. The cotton on the swab can stick/leave traces of itself behind and hinder the thermal conductivity.
    I also advise against usign a t-shirt for, well, anything to do with cleaning a computer component. (except cds of course) :)

Youre best bet would be to get a lint-free cloth. Wander into your optometrist and ask for one.
    Why lint-free?
    wet a window or something, and use a tissue or paper towel or something similar to clean the wet window. Look at all the **** left behind on the glass.

Thats why.

Also, use a (clean) credit card and not a business card to smear the paste/goop over the core/heatsink. It will get a more even spread, and again- plastic wont leave anything behind as long as its clean.

To remove termal paste I just use some everyday, common rubbing alcohol. As far as the extra on your processor I would take and old rag and use to end of it to wipe off as much as I could. Then put a tough of the alcohol on the rage and wipe off the rest of the subborn goop.:thumb:
    Out of my mind. Be back in five minutes.

I've been using cotton swabs and old T-shirts to clean my processor cores for some time now, and have yet to have any issues with it. You can use them or not, but chances are good that you probably have these sitting around the house already.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yea, I cut out a little square or clear flexible yet rigid plastic and use it. I use my masonry skills (haha) to skreet the compound over the core evenly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information