Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water-cooling Thread!

I'm looking into various water-cooling setups for my PC but I'm not sure which one is best. This will be my first time at water-cooling and I want to try and not make it my last. I've got a few questions that haven't been directly answered by the websites I've been to, so here goes...

Room temperature cooling, or colder?

Peltier, or no peltier? What kind of peltier would be required for my 1000MHz Tbird @ 1100MHz (so far)? Is condensation a problem with them?

Recommended kits?

Are case mods a must?

Thanks alot guys! :thumb: :thumb:

I'd try the room temp job 1st as with peltiers condensation is a big problem with lots of insulation and silicon required (not to mention power supply requirements) plus most ppl that use use water coolin' use room temp setups anyway. It's only the real extreme boys that combine it with peltiers and hardware tends not to last that long under those conditions. :smokin:
    <center></center>

Thanks for the info Wiggo :wave:

Now what about brands? If I'm going to do this I don't want to go budget. Whats some quality name brand water-cooling kits out there? I hear Blizzard Z3, Z4, and Danger Den all the time...

I'm not big into water cooling, but every review that I've read about the Danger Den gear is always good, so that would probably be a very good place to start. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I'm gonna install my water setup this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm setting up my radiator outside the case as the temps are lower there. I'm not worrying about a peltier at the moment because condensation seems to be a huge problem with a lot of people. I'm using a heater core from a car as a radiator, as people have had great success with them and I only got it for $10 Aussie ($5 US) from a motor wreckers. It won't look pretty, but it will be individual ;)

Just 2 things to be sure of and that's a good pump and don't get a water block with hose attachment smaller than 3/8" as alot depends on these 2 parts and flow rate plays a big part too. ;)
    <center></center>

It's Saturday night and I've assembled my tubing, the pump in it's tank and the radiator. I am testing them overnight for leaks. So far so good :D

Probably tomorrow the fan will go on the radiator (I'll have to make up a shroud) and the water block will slip onto my CPU.

Wish me luck ;)

ps- I'll get my hands on my house mates digital cam and post some pics.

Sounds good dejay. Make sure to let us know. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by dejay
    It's Saturday night and I've assembled my tubing, the pump in it's tank and the radiator. I am testing them overnight for leaks. So far so good :D

Probably tomorrow the fan will go on the radiator (I'll have to make up a shroud) and the water block will slip onto my CPU.

Wish me luck ;)

ps- I'll get my hands on my house mates digital cam and post some pics.
    Lot of luck!!!!! :thumb:
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

So how did ya go with it dejay? :?:
    <center></center>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information