Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: what case that fits a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro

Default what case that fits a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro

I am new here and not sure if this is the correct place to post this. If not let me know please.

GIGABYTE 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro on an ASUS "P5AD2-E Premium" i925XE Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775 CPU.

I am building my very first computer, not owning my first but Building my first.
    What do I need to look for in the way of cases that will fit with this cooler and that mobo?

What specs and depth do I need a case to be at or will any case work?

I decided on this cooler for the 3.2ghz prescott because the others like the zalman looked to big to fit or where way too heavy for safety of the mobo in my opinion.
    Last edited by terc; 01-26-2005 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Made verbage more clear..

Default Re: what case that fits a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by terc
    ...the others like the zalman looked to big to fit or where way too heavy for safety of the mobo in my opinion.
    The 3D "Rocket" cooler is farily heavy as well, the Zalman should fit and would give you about equal cooling with less noise, though the Rocket looks cool and is of decient design. Both will be fairly heavy, if you want to lessen the weight maybe go with the Zalman Alcu(7700 I think) version rather than the all Copper one(7000).
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Default Re: what case that fits a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro

Thank you for your response.

I was asking what CASE would work with this cooler. I checked out both brands and models, the zalman from what I have determined has too many issues with not fitting correctly and rubbing up against other components the 3D rocket did not and is a little lighter.

The all copper zalman is the only one that really had any impact on a prescott cpu which is what I will be going with.

If anyone has any suggestions for case dimensions I would appreciate it. I am new to this and am building my first computer from scratch. Well, once I get the parts ordered.

Thank you for your response.

Thread Information