Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: monitoring Chassis fan

Exclamation monitoring Chassis fan

Just got my system up and running but i'm stuck with my chassis fan problem.
    its a thermaltake shark va7000 with a motherboard asus A8N-SLI deluxe.
    when i go in the bios it only sees the one chassis fan(chassis1). When in windows and i use the asus probe program it only has one fan on display
    I doubled checked the connection to the board and everything is okay.
    my psu is truepower 550W Antec. my back fan is connected to the fan only outlet and the front one is connected to another power plug rather than the fan because when it was connected to the fan power plug the speed only came up as 875 rather than the 1875 that its displaying now. how can i monitor the 2nd chassis fan???

(Soz for the long question)

Default Re: monitoring Chassis fan

When your Asus software monitors fan speeds it does so by means of the 3-pin motherboard headers. This is what sends data through the Winbond chip onboard that gives software utilities the ability to monitor things like this. If your fan has a three wire connection you should be able to search around and get a converter that still allows you to use the standard Molex connector for fan power (a good thing) but will also include a small yellow wire with the 3-pin connection for the motherboard. This will let you monitor fan speeds and such. If your case fan only has two wires going to the Molex connector, you're stuck and won't be able to monitor the fan.

As a side note, be careful with that "Fan Only" plug used by Antec. If you're happy with it great, but I don't generally like a power supply making the decision as to how fast my fan should be moving when it computes this by a small thermal probe inside the PSU itself. I usually add this plug to the grouping of unused wires that I zip tie and stash out of sight.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Arrow Re: monitoring Chassis fan

thanks for the reply so ive got nothing to worry about. every time i play games the cpu reaches 49c (with AI N.O.S 3% on) is that normal whats the temp when i should worry??

would you be able to help the flickering in games also this is driving me nuts because i heard the samsung 172x is a good monitor but i'm stuck as to what to do. check my other post in audio and visual..
    thanks for the help....:)

Personaly I dont let my A64 get above 50 C but I wouldnt start worrying about it untill you hit about 55 or 60 maybe higher. Mine got to 70 once while I was away and it didnt even freeze.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

My own personal levels of cooling are a bit lower. I get antsy if the processor starts getting up to about 45C but I'm a lot pickier than most and I also have water cooling in place.

As to the monitor problem, I'm the one who has been trying to help but it doesn't seem to be doing any good. Have you tried checking out the Samsung site to see if there are any new drivers available?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks for the advice on the fan...
    About the monitor problem ive already installed the latest drivers.. it doesn't make sense because even when i put the graphics lower it still happens. its definitly the refresh rate. could be my hard drive i havent yet partitioned all the drive?? other than that i'm stuck..

Thread Information