Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need some advice

Ok i need some help here.. i just got a new HSF: Volcano 6cu+ (loud bugger)

my set up:
    HX08 case there is an 80 mm fan intake on the bottom.. there is a hole over the proc with a 80mm fan there as well.. along with that Volcano 6cu+ i cannot get my temps down below47.5 idle..
    this is what i have in my case..
    1.1 athlon not OC'ed asus a7v133

everything else is mounted outta the way with thier own cooling, above the motherboard there are 2 80mm fans out and one of those 5 1/2 drive bay cooler thingies.. so there is sufficient cooling there..

anyideas on how to get my cpu temps cooler.. using what i have??? Also note that i have a new baby and a wife that does not work at the moment; and working as a system analist at a software company does not paywell.. so whatever your ideas are will have to be cost effective.. thanks for your time ..
    loopy

:thumb:
    MY System:
    A7V133 rev5
    Athlon 1.1 (200) Volcano 6cu+
    Creative Gf2GTS /Blorb
    30 gig 7200 rpm Hdd
    16 DVD pioneer
    4x4x24 burner
    HQ08 case

If ya using the Asus monitoring hardware/software then you may well find that it's inaccurate as most are but you can get something like a CompuNurse or a more expensive DigitalDoc5 (which is also a fan bus) to check and make sure. ;)
    <center></center>

Are you using the pink thermal pad that came with the 6CU+ or thermal paste like Arctic Siilver II?
    Cyrix Makes Everything Better

hehe i would love to get a DigitalDoc5 but a bit too much $$$ (if my wife reads this here i would like one for christmas!!) and about a compunurse; i tried to order one in from bigfootcomputers in Toronto, but thier shipping company only takes Visa.. (i only have mastercard..) so for the time being i have to use the software monitors.. i am using hmonitor; asus probe and my bios to these readings.. i also hear that they are +/- 7 deg cel.. so.. i do not think i trust that.. they all read the same temps though.. 47.5 idle and 53 under load..
    :confused:
    MY System:
    A7V133 rev5
    Creative Gf2GTS /Blorb
    30 gig 7200 rpm Hdd
    16 DVD pioneer
    4x4x24 burner
    HQ08 case

i removed the tape and put arctic silverII on.....

i love these little faces.. heheheh
    MY System:
    A7V133 rev5
    Creative Gf2GTS /Blorb
    30 gig 7200 rpm Hdd
    16 DVD pioneer
    4x4x24 burner
    HQ08 case

Yeah they are the best!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy
    hehe i would love to get a DigitalDoc5 but a bit too much $$$ (if my wife reads this here i would like one for christmas!!) and about a compunurse; i tried to order one in from bigfootcomputers in Toronto, but thier shipping company only takes Visa.. (i only have mastercard..) so for the time being i have to use the software monitors.. i am using hmonitor; asus probe and my bios to these readings.. i also hear that they are +/- 7 deg cel.. so.. i do not think i trust that.. they all read the same temps though.. 47.5 idle and 53 under load..
    :confused:
    You could try these guys too - I'm not sure if they take MC or not

http://www.e-compuvision.com/

ty i will check em out.. maybe after christmas buy a compunurse... hehehe
    MY System:
    A7V133 rev5
    Creative Gf2GTS /Blorb
    30 gig 7200 rpm Hdd
    16 DVD pioneer
    4x4x24 burner
    HQ08 case

:D

1) I've found Motherboard Monitor 5, corrected some of the errors on my Ausus and MSI rigs. It's not dd5, but its easier than incerting a prob.

2)AS2, AA, and lap the bottom of the hs.

3) You can use the prob to find your hot spots in the case, indicates the dead airflow areas.

I'm betting its the T compound and your T reading method. Probly
    7c+. Was on my Asus, maybe closer to 10c. been a bit since I played with that mobo.

GL:thumb:
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Thread Information