Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Type of Cooling for 2 comps?

Default Type of Cooling for 2 comps?

I know this is not much help. If someone can provide me with the info needed ie. what do I need to post on my computers. I would like to cool my 2 computers with fans, heatsink or what ever there is to cool them down the best they can. What I don't know is what to get and whats the best way to cool them. I have 200 to spend. More if needed or less.

Editing in:
    I called a comp place today and he said without asking anything that I would have to buy new Tower cases with prebuilt in cooling systems and just transfer all I have into them. I thought it sounded like a car salesman. Not sure if he was selling me more than I needed. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zephir; 06-04-2005 at 06:58 PM.
    Still learning about Computers, I ask because I don't know.

Default Re: Type of Cooling for 2 comps?

What he suggested was an extreme case of "salesmanship". Yes, you could go that route but you probably don't need to. You say you want to cool but what else is important to you, like sound level, technical difficulty, and extent of case modifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry East
    What he suggested was an extreme case of "salesmanship". Yes, you could go that route but you probably don't need to. You say you want to cool but what else is important to you, like sound level, technical difficulty, and extent of case modifications?
    Just some cooling or maybe better fans than what I have now? Nothing technical, sound doesn't bother me unless it will sound like a Mack truck humming along the freeway.

Okay. Now we are getting somewhere. Next things I would need to know is this: 1) do you have or do you plan to use a temperature sensor and/or fan controller? 2) how many/what sizes fans can your case handle?

It would be a good idea to let us know what sort of case that you have atm (link or pic).

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    It would be a good idea to let us know what sort of case that you have atm (link or pic).
    Its the case of a gateway 704 ge and the other computer is the case of presario 3200nx. Not sure the makes or what nots. I dont need to know the tempuratures? As long as the fans are on and being cooled right? lol.

Thread Information