Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too HOT? ASUS P4C800E Motherboard

Default Re: Too HOT? ASUS P4C800E Motherboard

Another thing hondatune is, "do you have all the case fans running in the right direction?" (front and sides being intakes and the back and top being exhausts)

Anyway, I used that exact guide to apply the Artic Silver. I may have "put it into my own words", but it is correct.
    Yes, all fans are pointing in the correct direction.

Since my Fan and HSF upgrades my temps are:
    system- 34 C
    CPU- 45 C idle, 47-48 C under load.

How do those numbers look?
    Oh, and I that's with 10% overclocking, using the automatic OC feature in BIOS
    Thermaltake V2000A XaserIII Case (7 fans)
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard
    Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott
    Artic Silver 5
    1 GB PC4000 Corsair Twin-X Pro matched DDR500
    Case Fans 7 , 32cfm blue-led 80mm fans
    CPU HSF - Thermaltake POLO All copper, with 80 mm fan

My CPU Clock speeds now registers at 3.54xxx ghz.

Still, do you think 48C is too high for a Prescott P4 to be reliable, and long-lasting?
    My main priority is long lifespan of my system.
    I'm not into burning-up my components, to run at extreme speeds for a few months.
    Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott
    Artic Silver 5

ANZAC_ELITE, how did you get Motherboard Monitor to display those big numbers?
    Instead of the small, illegible "Tachometer" view?
    Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott
    Artic Silver 5

Unhappy Pls help me with my P4 3.2ghz prescott

I have a P4 3.2ghz prescott with an MSI motherboard service unit. My original board is a Asus p4p800-x.

Here is my specs:

Coolmaster Centurion Case
    2pcs geil 512mb ddr400 memory with heatsink(=1gb)
    1pc Thermaltake Beetle processor fan /w attached Thermaltake case fan 2
    1pc Thermaltake case fac 2 (at the front for intake)
    1pc 40gb seagate 7200rpm /w Lian Li rack /w fan for hardisk cooling purpose
    1pc 160gb seagate 7200rpm
    1pc 80gb seagate SATA
    Sony DVD ROM
    Sony DVD Writer
    Inno3d FX5500 256mb AGP
    Audigy 2 Soundcard internal
    Soundblaster front panel (for audio input - output)
    Winfast TV Capture card.
    CPU temperature is from55 to 63 celsius if cpu load is 61% SYSTEM temperature is from 41 to 44 celsius. CPU fan speed is 3800rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by hondatune
    ANZAC_ELITE, how did you get Motherboard Monitor to display those big numbers?
    Instead of the small, illegible "Tachometer" view?
    Under each sub category is the option to change the display under the visual tab, you can also change font colours etc there

dont forget to click Apply

Quote Originally Posted by hondatune
    ..........Still, do you think 48C is too high for a Prescott P4 to be reliable, and long-lasting?
    My main priority is long lifespan of my system.
    I'm not into burning-up my components, to run at extreme speeds for a few months.
    Overclocking will generate more heat and in essence lower the cpu longevity, if you wish to oc you may want to look at alternative cooling along the lines of a zalman or even water cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by dbomb
    .........CPU temperature is from55 to 63 celsius if cpu load is 61% SYSTEM temperature is from 41 to 44 celsius. CPU fan speed is 3800rpm.
    That seems a little warm, have you cleared up your cables to help airflow? do you have case fans? Prescotts do run hotter than my Northwood granted, but 63C is warm.
    Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 07-25-2005 at 07:39 PM.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Thanks ANZAC_ELITE dude! Do you think the temperature is low enough? I'm planning to overclock my 3.2ghz. Do you have any suggestion or advice to lower down the temperature?

And also... I'm planning to overdrive my Inno3d FX5500. What cooling fan or heatsink do you prefer/suggest to this kind of video card?

Personally i think the cpu is on the warmish side, have you tidied up your cables etc in the case to allow better airflow? what case fans do you have? are they in the right configuration? i.e. front and side as intakes, rear as exhaust? is it a stock p4 cooler? there are other cooling solutions to the stock cooler. Personally I wouldn't look at overclocking the cpu untill you get the temp down a bit, have a look at Zalman and other coolers. A lot depends on your ambient room temps too.

As to the vid card, well it is kinda dated and I'm not familiar with that particular card, does it have a fan or passive cooling? (I'm guessing fan, to lazy to look on the web lol) Zalman, Thermaltake and Arctic all make vga coolers, you'll just have to do some research and see if they have a product available for your card.

Good luck
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Smile Re: Too HOT? ASUS P4C800E Motherboard

Yup. All my cables are ok. All of them are arrange to make better airflow. By the way... I'm using a Coolmaster Centurion Chasis.

I'm currently using this cpu fan....

It has a stock fan speed of 1600rpm t0 4300rpm

I've attached also an extra chasis fan that looks like this...

this is the actual fan that i've attached. The thermaltake smart fan 2.
    It has a speed of 1300 rpm to 4800 rpm.

Also added 1 intake fan same as the picture posted but the difference is it's in full speed. (I've attached filter for this so that my cpu won't get dusty.) =)

This is the only cooling fans the i'm using right now. Befor I forgot. I'm using the stock thermal paste that comes with the prosessor. Do you think an Arctic Silver Thermal paste would help lower down the temps?

Hope you can suggest for better cooling?

And also? Would anyone now what heatsink and what gpu fan I can use to overclock a Inno3d FX5500 256mb 128bit? Thanks! =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information