Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too HOT? ASUS P4C800E Motherboard

Default Re: Too HOT? ASUS P4C800E Motherboard

Thanks in advance to all! Hope you can help with my problem! =)

That heatpipe cooler that you're using is your prob (they work fine when vertical but turn them horizontal and they don't work so well), get yourself a decent HSF (Thermalright's XP-90-C is very good with the right fan).

Thanks for that info... but I'll already have that kind of thing. I just bought a new motherboard Asus P4P800-X deluxe. It's now in that position. But still temperature still at around 52 to 65 celcius.
    BULLET

Chasis : Thermaltake Kandalf
    Motherboard : Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
    Processor : Pentium 4 - 3.2E /w artic silver 5 =0
    CPU fan : Thermaltake Sonic Tower /w Akasa 120mm UV fan 1800rpm
    Memory : Geil One 1gb
    GPU : Palit 6600LE 256mb 128bit AGP
    Hardisk : 2pcs 80gb Seagate SATA
    Optical Devices : Sony DVD writer & Sony DVD ROM
    PSU : OCZ Modstream 520w

Thanks to all of you who helped me with my temperature problems! Thanks! My processor temperature now ranges from 33 to 45 C but now I need to lower the my MB's temperature. Seems it is stuck in 39 to 41 C.

Anyone wants to share tips or tricks on how to lower down MB temperature?
    BULLET

Chasis : Thermaltake Kandalf
    Motherboard : Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
    Processor : Pentium 4 - 3.2E /w artic silver 5 =0
    CPU fan : Thermaltake Sonic Tower /w Akasa 120mm UV fan 1800rpm
    Memory : Geil One 1gb
    GPU : Palit 6600LE 256mb 128bit AGP
    Hardisk : 2pcs 80gb Seagate SATA
    Optical Devices : Sony DVD writer & Sony DVD ROM
    PSU : OCZ Modstream 520w

If that is your case in your avatar pic I would suggest an intake fan mounted on the clear side panel, directed onto your m/board, with the centre line from the fan spindle roughly in line with the chipset cooler. I think you'll lower your temps in the vicinity of 5-6 degrees C by doing this. You'll be surprised at how much difference it makes.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

I have a 3.2E (running on a P4P800 Deluxe) which I had overlocked to a modest 3.4 - bog standard in box cooler.

I've been running it for months like this with not so much as a single crash,
    but I was reviewing my system for upgrades (Oblivion on the way..) and checking over everything.

I lost bowel control when I checked an the asus temp moniter, which was reporting a temp of 86C.

I've resest the CPU to 3.2, but it still shows a temp of 72. Throttlewatch reports no throttling. the side of the case is off for now, and the ambient temp of the room is about 14C, or less.

Has anyone else seen this kind of seemingly (hopefully) mad, and totally inaccurate temp monitoring on an Asus mbrd? I know these chips are meant to be hardshaws with high temperatures, but surely this cant be right? I thought they died or throttled down or burst into flames at that kind of temp..

I hope to get a XP120 or good Zalman (recommendations welcome) as well as some extra fans soon, as I want to overclock and upgrade my gfx card and the like - recommendations are welcome.

spec:
    P4 3.2E
    Asus P4P800 Deluxe
    1GB 3200 Corsair.
    ti4600 (it's going in the attic soon)
    & 3 assorted hard drives
    (can remember the PSU but i think it's 350w)
    the case is a big mutha, but cables and air flow might be a problem)

dbomb:

Check your case airflow. Seems like you don't have enough to keep temps down inside there. Also, many motherboards do like to have air blowing onto the voltage regulator area. This is usually provided as a side benefit of cpu hsf combos but newer designs don't provide it.

thegroggers: how many fans are currently in your system? What are you using to cool your cpu? Maybe that your thermal compound isn't on right, not enough air flowing over cooling fins. Check this site for recommendations on hsf combos.

Well,

got to the bottom of it.

The 478 retention module is held down by 4 plastic 'grommets' (thinginmajigs, if you will..), but not on my system: 2 had broken - god knows when - and as a result the heatsink was not in complete contact with the cpu.

I can only guess it's been like this for at least two weeks when I moved the system, though i hadn't noticed intil now. that 3.2E can certainly take a lot of abuse.

I couldn't find a replacement retention clip today (look everywhere, apparently I'm not the only one who's been in need of a replacement), so I had to drill through the grommet holes, fit some nuts and bolts, and the clip is in more securely now than it ever was. used some Artic 5 and turned it back on.

Running at an ambient temp of about 30 for the MB and 49C for the CPU at default settings.

Looks like that Asus temp probe was not far off after all, though I didn't notice any throttling.

Still think I'll go ahead and get a Zalman or whatever soon enough anyway, though I think most still use the old retention socket - if this can take the pain I'm gonna clock her up soon.

DComb
    I have a p4p800-x deluxe with a p4 2.8/533 northwood overclocked to 3487 standard voltage....my cpu temp never gets above 40c ..(zalman 7000 alcu hsf on low speed....37c on high speed)....at idle it is just above room temp....and the mobo temp stays below 36c and at idle is about 8c above room temp.....thats now with an unlocked (16p6v) and overclocked (405/870) gf6800 sitting right below it...i might suggest you look at your case cooling.....remember one more fan blowing out than blowing in is a good rough rule of thumb to get rid of the hot air (eg one front blowing in and one plus ps blowing out at the back).

I found asus probe reports the same temps as the bios so i don't know that another monitoring tool will tell you any different.

Attached is a screenshot....the temps up in the right top corner are
    temp2 - cpu and temp 1 - mobo at the moment...this is GKrellem in linux reading from the chipset and it gives the same readings as asus probe
    Attached Images Attached Images Too HOT? ASUS P4C800E Motherboard-screenshot-jpg 
    Last edited by Oldbugger; 11-12-2005 at 07:48 AM. Reason: further info
    The older I get...the better I was

Since my last post in these forums, I've done a lot of research and tweaking on my Asus P4P800 Deluxe.

One thing I have learned, which pertains to motherboard temperatures on ALL REVISONS of ALL Asus P4P/P4C series boards, is that the winbond thermal sensor IS NOT positioned anywhere NEAR the northbridge...

Its tucked away near the top right, near the memory.

I discovered this when I completed gutting the heatsink and greasing it up with artic silver, and JB Welding an old Pentium2 fan to it (the JB weld worked awesome and the result was simply kick ass).. However, once completed, I didnt see a single degree drop.

So I did some homework and found that I was able to push my cpu another 170 Mhz-- and it now runs flawlessly.

The motherboard thermal sensor is more of an ambient case temperature guage, and isnt near any critical components. If the sensor was on the opposite side of the board, near the voltage components, the readings would be even higher.

Disregard the tempurature readings from it, make sure your memory and vrm has adequate cooling, and bob's your uncle. And Intel is your mom.

-vegas

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information