Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Water Cooling Madness article - questions

Default Water Cooling Madness article - questions

Firstly I would like to thank Tweaktown for their timely Water Cooling Madness article - I am currently shopping around for a w/c kit and this is exactly what I have been looking for!

However, one thing which surprised me was the poor performance of the Thermaltake Bigwater. I had been researching this particular unit as a possible candidate, and have read reviews such as Overclocker Cafe's, where they found that the Bigwater performed quite closely to the Asetek L20, which incidentally uses both the Black Ice radiator and 1/2" tubing.

Of course, differences in setup and methodology could well account for the disparities in the results. OC Cafe used a Northwood P4 CPU, which is known to run much cooler than the Prescott used in Tweaktown's comparison. Also, load temperatures were obtained after only 30 minutes - which may not have been enough time to reach thermal equilibirum.

To satisfy my curiosity, would someone at Tweaktown be able to comment on the setup of the systems tested? Specifically, were radiators mounted internally or externally and in what configuration? Lastly, I don't mean to be insulting, or to question Tweaktown's skill, but was the fan on the Bigwater reversed for external mounting?

Cheers,
    V.

EDIT: I also noticed something strange about the results. The Thermal Probe readings for Prime95 are actually lower than idle - is this accurate? Also, was the ambient temperature during the test recorded?
    Last edited by Voldenuit; 08-27-2005 at 07:01 PM.

Default Re: Water Cooling Madness article - questions

I really just registered in tweaktown forums just to discuss exactly this review.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldenuit
    EDIT: I also noticed something strange about the results. The Thermal Probe readings for Prime95 are actually lower than idle - is this accurate? Also, was the ambient temperature during the test recorded?
    This review is soo BAD!!

You guys don't even check the graphics and see that the temps that you boys "found" are inconsistent??

Next time "find" at least some temps that are consistent, because you guys don't measure temps you fabricate temps.

I guess anyone can make reviews these days, that's because it's hard to believe in most of them.

Thread Information