Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentium D Temps

Default Re: Pentium D Temps

If I'm reading that right, and the CPU temp is 41c, then you really don't need ducting. Ducting is almost always the best method of air cooling, but it's really not necessary, in this case.

Ok thanks, yes your right, my idle temps are around the 40 mark, and on 100% load there about 53-57
    So you recon this is ok for a dual core?
    Thanks for your quick replies.
    Wayne

For a Pentium D, it's probably acceptable. I wouldn't be happy if it were an Athlon 64 X2, but modern Intel processors run much hotter and are capable of doing so without problems.

They are about normal for Pentium D's unfortunately...they are hot cpu's and this is one of the reasons Intel gave up the Megahertz race. The processor will throttle itself back (either by lowering the clock speed or by turning itself off in between clocks) to protect itself if the temp gets to around 72c....not ideal but necessary....

remember when the summer comes and the room temps go up...so will the processor temp.
    The older I get...the better I was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information