Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which case for cooling

Question Which case for cooling

I'm currently looking at buying the Thermaltake Armour
    http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/04/thermaltake_arm.html
    I have been quoted $250.AUS.
    Im running a pentium D with a Zalman cooler.
    Can anyone recommend an alternative to this case, or is this the best for the price.

Thankyou in advance
    Wayne

Default Re: Which case for cooling

Buy a case worth less than $70 AUS. Mod it and/or spend more on fans and heatsinks. I've never seen any reason to buy a case simply because it has nice cooling abilities (unless we're talking about SFF cases, but we're not). Modding the case to have a CPU duct is much more effective than any case without one, assuming air cooling is being used. Modding the case/getting more fans for the case just so it has better airflow is usually pretty effective, too.

Just look for something that fits your size needs to begin with. I can't have anything over 450mm due to the desk I keep it in. Then go with something that has spaces for a 120 mm fan front and rear. That should do it. A lot of good reviews on the Antec's these days such as the P180 and P160. I even read a review of the P150 that sounds super awesome.

I like the raidmax cases, as they provide lots of room for fans to start and leave room for mods to fit more/bigger fans. They are cheap, robust and most of the time, not bad looking.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

hey dont forget to take a look at the coolermaster cm690, it can hold up to 7 fans and is very roomy. really good air flow. and the best part its cheap got it for like 65cdn.
    My System: Case: CM690, Cpu: Intel Q6600 G0, Motherboard: Gigabyte P35 DS4, Graphics Card : EVGA Geforce 8800GTS, Memory: 2GB Crucial Ballistix, Hard Drive: 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Power Supply: Corsair HX620W, CPU Heatsink: Stock, Sound Card: Onboard, Display: LG 22" FlatronWide, Speakers: Logitech 5.1 X-540, Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

I would agree with the Coolermaster CM690, plenty of fans (2 have filters), psu at the bottom. Cheap and heaps of room inside.

Silverstone TJ07

It can even hold a triple radiator for watercooling on the bottom. It's not the cheapiest case in the world ofcourse, but it's top-notch quality.

Thread Information