Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many fans do you have?

Default How many fans do you have?

Horray for a new thread.

I have 5 case fans and 1 for the CPU.

My computer is louder than my refrigerator. I can hear it through my wall.

^________^

Default Re: How many fans do you have?

One which computer?

Main machine right now has four and will have five. I have a 92mm Panaflo M1A for the CPU, a 120mm Yate Loon top exhaust fan, and two 80mm Panaflo L1As for exterior exhaust. I'm going to get something for either the front or side (for the video card). I'm not counting fans on the video card, PSU, chipset, etc. My computer is almost completely silent. If I had a fan controller or different CPU fan, it would be silent.

My old machine had nine 80mm case fans and a single CPU fan. The CPU fan was a Thermaltake Volcano 12, and I couldn't even hear the other fans over it while it was turned up.

3 x 80mm on the front for intake, 1 x 80mm on the side panel (also intake) 2x 80mm exhaust at the rear as well as the psu 120mm, Zalmans on the cpu and gpu, my rig idles at approximately 6-8 degrees C above the ambient air temperature
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

I have 10 fans, most of them lower CFM to keep them quiet. I use a fan controller on the loud ones. I have one 120MM intake/one 120MM exhaust, 120MM fan over the CPU/80MM intakes on each side, 2 80MM fans on a Tweakmonster bracket over my video card, 2 60MM fans over my ram and 2 more 80 MM fans over my moffests/heatsinks on the motherboard (since I run with the 5V memory jumper on all the time).

Not loud at all, I can only hear it when I am sitting in front of it. When I am gaming, I just crank up the sound and I cannot hear anything else anyways.
    Last edited by casecutter; 01-26-2006 at 09:45 PM.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

5. Default Re: How many fans do you have?

Wow, 10 fans you say??? That puts my stocker to shame. 1 80mm for psu and 1 92mm intake with shroud for cpu. I actually kind of feel bad now. Besides, my board has very few 3 pin connectors for new fans. Oh well, it's a dell.

I have 4, soon to be 5 as well.

I have 2 on the side for intake, 2 on the back for exhaust.
    Not including Videocard, CPU, PSU, NB fans.

I'm going to cut a whole in the top for another one soon.

It's kinda loud though, but I don't have any fan controllers or sound dampeners either. I'm not bothered too much though, it's not that bad when I have my headphones on with the sound up, then I can't even hear it.

2x low revving 120mm exhaust.
    1x low revving 120mm intake.
    1x CPU
    1x NB
    1x GPU
    1x PSU

..umm ... 7.
    Opteron 165 / Abit KN8 SLI / 2GB Infineon BE5 / XFX 7800GT / X-Fi ExtremeMusic / 3D Aurora case.

well i got 2 60mm fans on my cpu i got 1 80mm fan on the side where the window is i have 2 120mm fans one intake in the front and the other on is exhaust then i got 1 fan under my graphic card so that equals up to 6 not including my psu fans

with the psu fans i would have 8 fans all thogether.
    its also really loud can hear it all the way downstairs when my door is open
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Zach
    AMD Athlon64 3700+ san diego 2.2ghz (oc to 2.8ghz FX57+ speeds)(fsb is 266)
    ASUS A8V Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro
    1gb ddr400 Kingston HyperX (2-3-2-6) timings 215mhz (dual-channel)
    BFG 6800gs 256mb agp, with ARCTIC COOLING AVC-NV5R3 NV Silencer Rev.3
    ATX Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
    Seagate sata 80gb harddrive
    Maxtor pata 80gb harddrive
    500watt Rosewill powersupply
    Sound Blaster Live 24-bit
    Custom Water cooling dual 120mm raddiator with a PolarFLO cpu block
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Too many right now (too loud by far), but when I finish up a minor case mod I'll have 3x 120mm fans. One for an intake a two on the large radiator for the water cooling system. Will then be able to get rid of the loud VGA fan also.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeah, I am going to water so my fan count will drop dramatically very soon. I am going to run a 120MM intake and one 120MM exhaust and I will still need the dual 60MM fans on my ram. The two 120MM fans are Vantec Stealth's and the dual 60MM's are only 22CFM so it will be nearly silent. I am also changing my video card and will be running dual 6800GS's with DangerDen Maze4 blocks and a TDX block on the CPU. The rest of my water setup is gonna be external in a case I extensively modified with an Eheim 1250 pump and a dual 120MM heatercore radiator. Those fans may be noisy, but I pla on putting a fan controller on them so I can turn them down when needed. Hoping for much less noise and won't know for sure until it is all rigged up. I am sure the PC will be quieter, but I think the watercooling unit may make up for it.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information