Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Notebook Area 51m 7700 cooling fan controllers?

Default Notebook Area 51m 7700 cooling fan controllers?

I was just wondering if any one out there found or made any can controllers to keep the fans in the alienware area 51m 7700 aka clevo D900T esp on the ATI X800 M28 GPU wow and swg have been closing out on me or really crash to desktop wondering if this could be due to heat issues and was also wondering if mcaffee virus scanner watches memory all my other games run great except these two I have a majority of the latest tittles out and they run great no crashing to desktop ect any info any one has would be great, yes I have updated my bios to the latest vershion, along with all driver, and windows updates computer runs great except these two online applications that seem to crash me to desktop due to their clients crashing, swg says its a graphical error or what I am getting from the error codes and wow says it was unable to read or write to the memory not sure wich one, I know its not my ram ran a memory checker, ran sandra and did a stress test, as well as 3dmark 06 to stress out the gpu. if I am having thermal issues, all the notebook coolers I have tryed blow... only thing I can think of atm is A make my own notebook cooler using 6-9 60mm fans on a peace of aluminum with a ton of holes drilled into it, using plastic as the bases to elevate it and using quick steel to hold the legs in, then getting a mini pc power supply to power all the fans that would in my eyes work great. Running out of options and ideas here any help would be great

Default Re: Notebook Area 51m 7700 cooling fan controllers?

sounds like this laptop aint a laptop at all its a desktop at least the way you use it!
    if this is the case, then by all means make your own fan arangements and hook them up to a standard pc fan controller. if your inclined you could make a nice job out of it - fans only need 12v so you could use any 12v supply as long as its not too powerful.
    and if ive got wrong end of stick say so.
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

Do you play any other games based on OpenGL or DirectX. Try playing a diffirent 3d online game like that and see if it crashes like SWG and WOW do. If it does then your probably looking at a hardware problem.

If you still think its a heat issue they seel laptop cooling pads with multiple fans in them to help you with that. You can get them at any computer store.

I have looked at all the notebook cooling pads and so far I own 4 of them they all suck royally bad, waist of cash really, I think most online games these days use opengl and direct 3d these days, Yes My notebook is pretty much a desktop aka desktop replacement, great for people who have to move alot and are not home, or like me was always deployed in the military and going to start moving due to me getting medically retired, this notebook has five or six fans on the case alone on the bottom, then one for the gpu kind of small and its crappy compaired to the new one ati and clevo released for this system, to deal with the insane heat production of the mobility cards and to give this card way better performance. Almost tempted to make my own cooling system for this rig, esp when I have problems living on a military post with the ac going out ect=(

Are you asking a question or are you sure its a heat issue? Not sure what the question is.....

If you are asking why your games are crashing then you need to give some more information about your current config, when the games crash and exact errors your getting.

The fan control situation is a diffirent story....something that can be fixed alot of ways. You could rig your own cooling system or you could just get a desktop pc :)

I used ATITool to help me when I was overclocking the video card in my XPS2. It will scan for artifacts and bring the GPU up to max operating temps.
    I use stress prime to check for CPU and RAM problems.

As far as different games causing the problems, each game will stress your system differently and even stress different parts of the subsystems differently(ie, heavier shader pipeline use in some games).

I suggest running ATI Tool and StressPrime at the same time while watching temps and looking for artifacts. If you can do this overnight then your hardware is fine.

Thread Information