Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shrink wrap

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    Anybody who has used this, post a pic.

No pic, but I do have a link:

[EDIT] Oh crap 3M don't like you linking... anyway go to http://www.mmm.com and search for "Cold Shrink" [/EDIT]
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Actually the IDE cables are nearly invisible in this pic due to rounding and folding. The wiring from the PSU is what you see mostly and CD-ROM sound cable. The Red cable is the ATX power connector which is wrapped with red electrical tape for the last 2/3 of it's length (fortunately I stopped there as it made the cable stiff as ...... and near impossible to bend).

It's still an ugly maze of wires isn't it. With my extra fans, lighting, cigarette lighter and baybus.

All in all very ghetto -- but functional:laugh:

I get my mod materials in unlikely places, but save $'s that way.
    My baybus box is a Martha Stewart pill-box from K Mart for $0.79.
    The lighting is standard 12V marker lamps from an auto supply house 2 ea.totaling about $4.00 (sockets included)
    Some 3M connectors and brackets and a pack of several small rolls of electrical tape for about $6.00.

But with the amount of wiring inside, the rounding of even the smaller cabling helps out a good deal.
    Still, it's a freaking mess.

My budget SUX:thumbs do (but not as bad as my digital camera does):shoot2:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

At least you have one. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus

No pic, but I do have a link:

[EDIT] Oh crap 3M don't like you linking...
    Then 3M should remove all content they have on the internet:thumbs do
    This garbage about linking is ridiculous - if the information isn't taken out of context what is the problem?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I use Shrink Wrap/Tube on my Motirbike and chainsaws for reinforceing fuellines and for protecting electrical cables. You dont have to apply very much heat at all. Just put the shrink wrap over the cables and hold a lighter about 3cm away from it and it will shrink together. I dont think it may shrink enough to hold too many cables together but you can always try.

I HATE FARIES-
    :kay: :shoot2:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information