Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: extra fans??

Beefy Guest

anything over 50c under full load and you should start doing something about it.

You can check in your BIOS, or download a program like Motherboard Monitor and use that to monitor your temps. The old 'by touch' test isn't really the best way to go.. :)

thanks.... i'll go check that program out..

The link for MBM is here http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and info on how to configure it there also. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

My computer has an extremely good fan setup (11 fans total)...however....I'm not sure when it comes to celcius so I'm gonna give it to you in farenight I'm actually quite curiuos...well forone thing my parets are money saving freaks and they have the house set to like 78F during the day and they turn it off altogether at night the house usually creeps up to like 82F.....so that should explain why my computer runs hotter then most comps...my main question is this........during the day my processor runs on average of 104F but at night it'll creep up to 109F is this bad for the processor with the constant up and down up and down of the temperature?

You should be just fine with those numbers. 104F equates to roughly around 40C, so you'll do just fine.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I understand that part.....but when toggling between 109 and 104 every night and day............is that safe for hardware? I heard when things go hot and cold hot and cold and constnat temperature changes I fear one morning I'll wake up and instead of seeing my desktop I look at a BSOD.....and I can boot up after rebooting and I find out my proessor die is cracked.........ya I would go out and buy an AthlonXP2100+ YAY YAAAAAAY....but I'm not exactly in the financial position to go out and spend over 200 dollars for that..... (yet)

I'm a Lab Tech for soils so i use the C to F conversion formula all the time. It work backwards too. It C x 1.8 +32 = F (or to get it to convert to C) F - 32 / 1.8 = C (i.e. 35C x 1.8 + 32 =95 F - 32 / 1.8 = 35 C ) just felt like sharing that... that way you peeps no how to convert ( i know i know...i'm a nerd!) :D
    - Damien

Thank you I can reallly use that when posting in this forum. Everone wants celcius and I'm growing up using farenheight I"ll never get used to celcius so I can really use this formula

There are also any number of freeware converters that you can download, or this site that allows you to convert from Farahnheit or Celsius to Reaumur, Kelvin or Rankine.
    http://students.washington.edu/kyle/temp.html

Concerning your question, though, there won't be any problems. 104F - 109F isn't much of a temperature change, so you won't be stressing out your components.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

no prob...about the formula...i too was used to using F but now a days i use C as well...Hey i am from Florida too ..cool...i'm from Miami!: peace2:
    - Damien

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information