Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good article on TT's new GF4 Cooler

Darth what do you think about the idea about the horizontally postion fins on the heatsink and the stock fan idea. Anyone else think of it being useless or impossible to do?
    - Damien

Changing the directions of the fins of the RAM sinks would help in the cooling, but the stock fan will likely not be quite as strong as the one in the Thermaltake kit. But it sure can't hurt to give it a try and see what happens. Just make sure to take some temperature readings with the stock setup so that you have something to base the opinion on. From there, you should be able to decide whether it is providing enough cooling for you. If so, then you saved a few bucks. If not, then you can still get the better heatsink.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Well...Darth i am definitly buying the TT"s GF4 kit...no doubt about it. But my idea was to use the stock fan on the back of the card while using the TT with a 4 pin connector, and connecting the stock fan to the 3 pin connector (while the fan is stuck on the back). You get me...sorry man if you feel i am hassling you...but i'm not..i think throwing ideas at each other keeps your mind healthy (that and Vitamin E).: peace2:
    - Damien

I am in the same bost as u flaco..
    Darth.. Once again, great review.. sorry about not kowing what u use, i am a bitnew aroound these boards.. hey.. u willing to sell your review sample of the cooler? :D :D :D.. i really will take it off ur hands.. :D

You were thinking of doing the same with the stock fan MADCAT?
    - Damien

Yes actually.. See, i was planning on putting a small copper block in the ceter of the spot on the back of the core, and surround that by frag tape, so i dont short any capacitors. Then, epoxy the copper to the HSF... i cant think of any other way to do it..

You think using epoxy on the card will hurt it?
    - Damien

Oh yeah... one reason i am not using it there... it will just be the copper on silicon.. perhaps not the best, but better than nothing.. i MAY use some ASIII if i get brave.. the epoxy is on the copper/HSF bond...

Thanks for that note on the epoxy. I heard it wasn't the best idea but i didn't think it was too bad. I will use Artic Silver with TT; but what i get from your last post is that even AS is not good?...hmmm o and FRAG TAPE is that stuff that comes with the Kit right?
    - Damien

The reason i dont want to use anythingis, that over time, i fear that small amounts of the ASIII will make its way into and through the card, via the small holes naturally in the back... there are no wires on the surface, but under there are, and i dont feel like finding out how well insulated they are.. u know? :afro:

So how bout it Darth, can i buy it? :D :D ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information