Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Switch on Volcano 7+

I just got my Volcano 7+ but i dunno where to keep the speed selection switch. Where did you guys put yours?:) Thanks
    - Damien

I usually leave it on Medium unless I need the noise. ;)

yeah same here wiggo.
    Flaco, i believe that the low setting is a little too low. Remember the faster the fan rotates the less it is going to live :D
    Keep it on the medium setting it should be right.

That is what i was thinking to keep it on medium. Hey, how about the controller itself?...where do you place it or do you switch the speed then disconnect it?:) Thanks again guys
    - Damien

I believe my processor runs cooler even on Medium than it does on High. Blowing less hot air back down onto the heatsink perhaps.

[b]I believe my processor runs cooler even on Medium than it does on High. Blowing less hot air back down onto the heatsink perhaps
    If that's the case then your case needs some better ventilation. :smokin:

[b]Hey, how about the controller itself?...where do you place it or do you switch the speed then disconnect it?
    Many cases have extra pushouts on the back for other O/I connectors and I use these to mount the switch. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yep... I grabbed one of the push-outs for the old AT-Mouse sized socket, and got out the drill, enlarging the screw-holes already in the case a little at each end.....Bob's your Uncle (and it also keeps the cables nicely out of the way, cause you can attach them to the back end of your case):thumb:
    Office Rig : Asrock Extreme 6, 4790k, H100, 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 2133's, EVGA GTX580 SC, Samsung XP941 512Gb M.2, Win8.1 Pro 64-bit, NZXT case with an Antec TPQ1000 psu
    WHS : Norco 20-bay case, HX1000, Intel G620/Z68 UD4, 16Gb 1600 ram, Velo 600Gb running Win8.1 Pro, 2 x LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i with 8 x 3Tb Hitachis in Raid6 and a bunch or random drives.

what about the controller itself? can you switch to the speed u want then disconnect it. :rolleyes:

No i don't think so :rolleyes2
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    ruff97[/size]]
    what about the controller itself? can you switch to the speed u want then disconnect it. :rolleyes:
    No chance in the world.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information