Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High system temperature

Default Re: High system temperature

Nothing is impossible... Just mathematically improbable..

"The best defense against computer viruses might not even be antivirus software, but a crafty combination of education and common sense."

Intel Pentium e5200 @ 3.8HZ (380 X 10)
    Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Mushkin 4GB DDR2 800 @ 760MHZ 4-4-3-10 @ +0.3v
    SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thank you guys for the advices. I really didn't know i should have so many fans in my case. And i wonder why are they needed ? People say that a system temp of 45c is quite normal. Other then that at 50% fan speed the video card never get's more then 65-67c itself and it says it can run normally up to 85-90c. Today i'm taking the pc to replace the video card and will report back if it was it that was causing the problems. If it's not it i will get the motherboard changed.

I did alot of test , on the ram , cpu , and gpu. and the pc reboots only on the gpu tests. I also ran the video card on another pc and it did reboot aswell too. I did ran another card on my pc and all tests went fine. So all the problems must be coming from the video card. I also ran the pc with open case and with my ac blowing in to it and the system temp went down to 20c , but it kept rebooting on 3d mark and crysis.

The strange thing is that it only reboots on videos(like the crysis intro or any other game intro's) wheni get in game and start playing on highest resolution and settings the game runs for hours with no problems or noises and the video stock fan at 40%. I also tried the stock fan at 100% on the video for a while and it rebooted again.

There's one more thing that bothers me: the video card fan doesn't run on more then 25% when put to automatic, nomatter how much u load the card it keeps running at 25% and the card eventually goes up to 85c-90c according to the ati catalyst(v 8.10). However when you adjust it manually the fan changes speed again with the ati catalyst. This thing could mean it's not the card itself but it's drivers that are messing up.

Try using ATI tool to handle fan speed and/or create a different profile in the CCC and set the fan speed to what you would like it to be.

"The best defense against computer viruses might not even be antivirus software, but a crafty combination of education and common sense."

Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    Try using ATI tool to handle fan speed and/or create a different profile in the CCC and set the fan speed to what you would like it to be.
    the ati tool doesn't do anything for my video card :( riva tuner and the ati catalyst work.

Well did you try making a profile in CCC with specific settings?

Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

You may need a different version of ATITool, but since rivatuner works you should set some Temp/fan speed profiles.

Since it does only crash on videos you may just need a different codec package installed, or a codec package installed if you do not have one installed. Though, I have never seen that cause a crash, normally just the video will not play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You may need a different version of ATITool, but since rivatuner works you should set some Temp/fan speed profiles.

Since it does only crash on videos you may just need a different codec package installed, or a codec package installed if you do not have one installed. Though, I have never seen that cause a crash, normally just the video will not play.
    It's not video's as in movies , it's the video trailers of the games(3d ones) and as well as on the graphics tests of the 3d mark 06. It's in the service shop today to get the video changed and they promised if it does the same problem they will change every component until it works properly. Hopefully this won't take them 2 weeks to complete :) I will let you know what turned out to be in the end , if there is an end of this.....

Should take them a couple minutes to change a video card.

But you know how us tech guys are. =P

Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

Good luck, hope you marked the card with a UV marker so they dont lie to you and say they switched it out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information