Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RAM Heatspreaders Question

Default RAM Heatspreaders Question

I'm a complete stranger to water cooling and I'm planning my first build (water cooled rig) . . . are the heat spreaders of these new DDR3 memories removable . . . so I can use a third party water block on it?

I'm pretty much aware that tampering with these sticks will revoke the warranty . . . I'm just getting an idea here.

I know OCZ has their flex series but rightnow it's only up to the dual channel . . . I'm looking at the X58 MOBO wih the i7 CPU which supports triple channel RAM.

Thank

Default Re: RAM Heatspreaders Question

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    I'm a complete stranger to water cooling and I'm planning my first build (water cooled rig) . . . are the heat spreaders of these new DDR3 memories removable . . . so I can use a third party water block on it?

I'm pretty much aware that tampering with these sticks will revoke the warranty . . . I'm just getting an idea here.

I know OCZ has their flex series but rightnow it's only up to the dual channel . . . I'm looking at the X58 MOBO wih the i7 CPU which supports triple channel RAM.

Thank
    Thanks . . . jesus . . . I can't edit my own post.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: RAM Heatspreaders Question

Yes, but Water cooled ram would not nbe needed unless you really plan to pump some voltage into it.

Thread Information