Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIOS temps or PC Alert III?

Also make sure that the front bezel will allow good air flow thru it too as some that I've come across don't and the front fans just wind up recirculating case air. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

How do I detect what the air is doing? Just feel for it with my hand? Or is there a more precise way?

Look if ya want precise then get a DigitDoc 5 and move and monitor temps in different areas of your case till you get the best configuration. :smokin:

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Now I'm really confused :confused:

I went into BIOS, and for the hell of it, raised my FSB setting from 100 MHz to 110MHz even though my CPU under PC Alert III and SiSoft Sandra are showing 50 C readings. BIOS continues to show the CPU running at 30C-34C. That brought my 1.5 ghz up to 1.66 ghz according to SiSoft. However, the temp of the cpu didn't change at all. I'm still idling at 50 C according to those two programs. What is that all about? Is that not a significant enough change to increase cpu temps? My settings only allow me to go up to 200 MHz, so I figured setting it at 110 would be a significant jump. Am I missing something? Or could there be a problem with the way my system is registering temps? I didn't change the vcore because I have no idea how that would alter my system, other than raising the voltage to my cpu. I only changed the FSB.

Also take a look at Flaco's 1st post in this thread here.
    Also you may want to try Motherboard Monitor and see how that compares. :smokin:

Fixed the problem! :thumb:

I was doing a bit of research on the MSI website, and apparently there was a temperature bug in PC Alert III for the motherboard I'm using (MSI 6457). I installed the upgrade, and I'm idling at 30 C :-) How can I get SiSoft Sandra to run my cpu at full load for an hour or so, so I can check the temps while it's maxed out?

I think I'll go pass out somewhere now. Thanks for the help everyone.

Towards the bottom of the SiSoft initial menu you'll see an icon for running a Burn-In Test. Choose this one, click the arrow for NEXT and then choose what you want to run during the burn-in period. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information