Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Suggestion to cooler manufacturers: MOUNTING SYSTEMS (and measuring sucks)

Default Suggestion to cooler manufacturers: MOUNTING SYSTEMS (and measuring sucks)

After reading cooler reviews, user comments here and on Newegg, I have a suggestion for cooler manufactuers: spend more time on your MOUNTING systems, and include a great mount with your cooler.

There are so many user comments in which the cooler is decent, but the mounting clips "suck" (<--thats the most common word used by real-world users to describe mounting clips).

Apply your engineering and problem solving to the MOUNTING system while you are making those cool-looking coolers, and you will have more satisfied customers.

That being said, can someone tell me how I can mod this Scythe from Newegg so I can mount it - can I get longer screws from a hardware store? Tell me if you have done this ...its a great buy but read the user reviews (Im up to 3 sucks lol)

Newegg.com - Scythe SCKTN-2000 100mm Sleeve &#34;Katana 2&#34; CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
    If I get this for my E8500, is there a work around for the crummy mounting system? If I get longer screws, can you tell me the size?

How does it actually attach to 775 socket for a cpu such as a E8500? Im searching for a pic right now - if you know of a good one that shows cooler installs for 775 processor mounts, let me know.

Can someone here do a rating system based on how many times "sucks" in used to describe a cooler mounting system?

Default Re: Suggestion to cooler manufacturers: MOUNTING SYSTEMS (and measuring sucks)

do mounting pins or screws need to be non-conductive? ...or could you just use small bolts to bolt it on? ...perhaps use nylon washers on the back of the mobo? ...will that work?

Thread Information