Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hmm.....

Yea, we had a 96$ bill last month (all of june) and the outdoor temps averaged high of 90 during the day and an average low of 75 (and extremely humid almost always)

We don't leave our computers on at night, but during the day, on average, we have 2 on most days)

How old is your house? If it was built when Air conditioners were considered not feasable, then you probably have almost no insulation (never gets very cold in Florida). You can figure out if you have good insulation by feeling external walls with your hands, and then compare that temperature to the temperature of an internal wall. If the external walls feel warm(in the summer), then your insulation is garbage because all of the outside heat is coming right back in.

Winters are cold up here in Wi, and so we have some kick ass insulation, which not only keeps the cold out in winter, but the cold in, in summer.

If you want to know the size of your house (square feet), you could ask your parents. But you can just estimate by multiplying length times width and adding each floor together. (surely you've had geometry?)

Well I'm taking Informal geoemetry but I keep failing it....math isn't exactly my strongest subject......but anyway ya my house was built in I think 1986 or 87 its night time right now over here so tomorrow afternoon I'll check the outside walls tomorrow as for the house....my dad said it was about 2400 on the inside

yeah true.. but it might be a installation error maybe not but in correct maybe it is i dunno.. or it could be change in temps outside?
    -elysium
    Athlon 1.4Ghz Thunderbird
    Abit KG7 motherboard
    SoundBlaster LIVE! X-Gamer 5.1
    256M PC2100 Crucial
    Koolance PC2-601 Watercooled Case
    30GB Western Digital HD
    PNY GeForce 3 Ti 500
    3com Ethernet Card
    Sennheisser HD-570 Headphones

These are all possible reasons your power bill is so high:

Your parents are lying and it is actually lower.

The builders didn't think the house was every going to see air conditioning, and used little or no insulation.

The builders ran out of money and were forced to skimp on insulation?

Windows with poor insulation value were used, and they let loads of heat in.

Doors with poor insulation were used.

You leave the doors and windows often in the summer.

You leave the windows open at night when it feels cool out.

Florida's electricity may be really expensive?

lol well........I don't know if this would affect anything but the part of the AC that sucks the air into the filter and into the compressor just so happens to be located right next to the freakin garage door......

Do you leave the garage door open alot?

Very seldom.......however I would think it is related cause the garage is hot......however.....but what else is possible to lower the case temps? High pressure fans? Better cable management? An athlonxp1600 instead of the thunderbird 1.4GHz? watercooling I know for a fact would lower my case temps because no hot air is being expelled in the case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information